MRJ 229

halfwit

• RMweb Premium

Specifically the black and white pictures are disappointing. Perhaps it is just the best that were available from the shoot? It would be annoying if it has been done deliberately to give them a vintage "box brownie" look? That would be silly.

They were a lot sharper than that when I submitted them. Shame really.

Specifically the black and white pictures are disappointing. Perhaps it is just the best that were available from the shoot? It would be annoying if it has been done deliberately to give them a vintage "box brownie" look? That would be silly.

Silly?

I call it artistic.

But then it was me who complained about the brown wash on a batch of photographs a few issues ago.

I prefer this one.

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

A well balanced article Andrew-my only criticism is that the article was too short!!!! :mail:

That's very kind of you to say Martin.

It was only meant to be an update/work in progress article. Mind you, I'm not sure there's an awful lot more I could say to merit doing anything else.

They were a lot sharper than that when I submitted them. Shame really.

I confess I really thought that some were of the prototype -just the right lack of contrast for an old Brownie and I was annoyed that the captions did not make it clear which ones were. :no:

Ian

That's very kind of you to say Martin.

It was only meant to be an update/work in progress article. Mind you, I'm not sure there's an awful lot more I could say to merit doing anything else.

Aha! Does this mean that there will be more? 

While on the subject of photography, I must say that I was especially impressed with the pictures of Rolvenden. The positioning of the camera to allow plausible sight lines shows the quality of the model rather better than it appears at exhibitions. The use of natural daylight makes a huge difference as well.

When displayed at shows the layout has Perspex screens along the front - which inevitably get scratched and dirty - and these spoil it though I can understand why they're there. The photos show how it ought to be viewed to best show off what is a very good model.

The Sentinel piece was interesting. Robin seems to have found issues I haven't and missed some things I saw fit to correct with my attempt it the same kit (albeit modified to represent a later variant of the same type). Much to ponder there.

Adam

Archived