Making Models of Models by Gerry Beale

Best in Show, from Railex 2013

A Sentinel for Bristol Barrow Road by Robin Whittle

Pinning Wheels to Axles (Gibson and Ultrasacle) by Mark Humphries

Clevedon by Andrew Ullyott

K38 Passenger Brake Van in 4mm by Gerry Beale

Letters

Gerry Beale edits.

Only skimmed through so far but looks like another cracking issue. The only let down is the photos in the Clevedon feature, a bit fuzzy compared to the rest of the issue. A reproduction problem?

Still in the postie's pocket but some interesting looking articles there in the GBJ :)

Does the editor have the right to place their own articles in the edited issue? If so who edits the editor? Or is it simply nothing else was available. Not a criticism of GB, simply asking, - and will look forward to reading on the K38.

Out now, at least in the norf west.

Small suppliers forum

Rolvendon by Robin Gay

GWR Long Legged Buffer Stop by Gerry Beale

Making Models of Models by Gerry Beale

Best in Show, from Railex 2013

A Sentinel for Bristol Barrow Road by Robin Whittle

Pinning Wheels to Axles (Gibson and Ultrasacle) by Mark Humphries

Clevedon by Andrew Ullyott

K38 Passenger Brake Van in 4mm by Gerry Beale

Letters

Gerry Beale edits.

Only skimmed through so far but looks like another cracking issue. The only let down is the photos in the Clevedon feature, a bit fuzzy compared to the rest of the issue. A reproduction problem?

It is Mark Humphrys not Humphries!

Good article on a P4 build of one of  the ex-S&D Sentinels from a CSP Models kit.  Plenty of Drawings, photos (LMS condition to early and later BR) and clear photographic progression & problem solving, right up to final painting.

Hmmmm, just bought a Hornby Sentinel (my first ever diesel since Tri-ang) which I hope to convert to EM, now I find myself tempted by another....................

A good moan about Hornby, repeated to make the point.

Very much on the lines of what I have been on about of late.

The L1 with new running gear does show what Hornby can do if hey put their mind to it.

Liked the combination of flat grey and colour in the photographs.

Food for thought in the article re working from a model. All in all another good un for me.

Bernard

....absolutely lovely, after a quick flick through I can only describe this one as yet another issue which I'm looking forward to relaxing with....glass of wine and comfy armchair required.

Dave

Would you recommend a red or a white Dave.

All the best,

Dave Franks

• RMweb Gold

Does the editor have the right to place their own articles in the edited issue? If so who edits the editor? Or is it simply nothing else was available. Not a criticism of GB, simply asking.

As one of the co-founders of the MRJ, I guess Gerry is entitled to air some of his own modelling output from time to time.  Actually, I'm a big fan of Gerry's work (I'm a Western Region man myself) and he can fill up an entire issue as far as I'm concerned....! 

Regards

Dan

• RMweb Premium

Got my copy yesterday, looks quite interesting generally but the L1 photo is jaw droppingly good.  Stunning, absolutely stunning.  For those who haven't seen it Chris Pendlenton put the Hornby body on a Dave Bradwell Chassis.  The photo was taken on Chris' superb North Shields layout.

Ralph

Lambton 58

I love Rolvenden with a burning passion. The trouble is, it has made me want one of those KESR 2-4-0ts. I could, I suppose, call it a colliery engine - and a kit can be had in 7mm. Mmmm. Temptation!

And the L1 photo - yeah, shows how good mass-produced models can be, albeit with a new chassis. And Bristol TM - even the missus raved about it, and she ain't easily impressed.

Good issue.

the photos in the Clevedon feature

Specifically the black and white pictures are disappointing. Perhaps it is just the best that were available from the shoot? It would be annoying if it has been done deliberately to give them a vintage "box brownie" look? That would be silly.

I agree about the rest though - a cracking issue!

Well done all!

Gerry alludes to discussing the L1 build elsewhere. Does anyone know where? Its a cracker and it would be good to find out more...

He mentions it in the Editorial and also in the caption to the double page pic overleaf to the pic itself.

Archived