RMweb

Of possible interest to Pete and Jordan (and others in O gauge)

Picked up on the Big Blue Forum 

Speaking of O scale I found a new to me anyway free online mag and the issues can be downloaded as pdfs for free it is called The O scale resource and they have 4 issues so far, however it is a 2 rail O scale publication.

Yes, I "knew" the original Editor Publisher Joe Giannovario - who unfortunately recently passed away. I think Mike Cougill (member of RMWeb) is the Editor now.

I know they are always on the look out for articles to publish if you're interested! Or anyone else?

I think we are talking about the same thing.....

Best, Pete.

Yes, I "knew" the original Editor Publisher Joe Giannovario - who unfortunately recently passed away. I think Mike Cougill (member of RMWeb) is the Editor now.

I know they are always on the look out for articles to publish if you're interested! Or anyone else?

I think we are talking about the same thing.....

Best, Pete.

Pete,

You're thinking of "O Scale Trains".  That's a paper magazine.

This is an online magazine.  http://www.oscaleresource.com  You can "flip" pages in an online viewer, and download either individual pages or the whole magazine as a PDF.

Two of the most low-rent/ high maintenance goddawful chavs ever to have disgraced our telly.

The 'celeb' mags owe their entire survival to the likes of this awful duo.

Luckily they mean nothing in the USA.............................

Never seen them before.

That explains everything. Sometimes celebrity is not only fleeting in time but limited in location.

Best, Pete.

What time is the next flight out there?

Be careful of what you wish for!  We've got the Kardashians, Snookie, Paris Hilton, and a whole lot more shallow, vapid, talentless people who are famous because they somehow got a "reality" show...

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno how I missed this thread until just now... and then rapidly wished I hadn't bothered :O

When I was young my name was just 'different'.... that plastic-filled cow/sl*t has done it untold harm. :mad:

sorry... what was the OP about..?? :scratchhead: ah yes!! Trains!!! ;)

A belated Thanks, Jack. :)

And I thought that the "USA and Canadian Railroads" section would be a nice, peaceful area. People swapping ideas whilst sitting in front of the fire wearing cozy slippers and puffing on pipes (of tobacco) - rather like Rupert the Bear's father.........

Best, Pete.

Yeah, I know, scary isn't it?
Next thing you know I'll be building a vast basement empire dedicated to the LSWR circa 1908 in S7.

Nah, can't see it myself. Brooklyn or Bayonne is more my scene. Reason? I used to have nightmares about getting dropped off in some gruesome run down urban area in the 'States (like East St. Louis) with no money, no ID, no cards. I got over it by deliberately walking around such areas and finding they weren't as bad as my imagination... I did dress scruffily though, but.

I now think "pretty" layouts are rather poncey.

Best, Pete.

Yeah, I know, scary isn't it?

Next thing you know I'll be building a vast basement empire dedicated to the LSWR circa 1908 in S7.

Nah, can't see it myself. Brooklyn or Bayonne is more my scene. Reason? I used to have nightmares about getting dropped off in some gruesome run down urban area in the 'States (like East St. Louis) with no money, no ID, no cards. I got over it by deliberately walking around such areas and finding they weren't as bad as my imagination... I did dress scruffily though, but.

I now think "pretty" layouts are rather poncey.

Best, Pete.

Be honest, Pete, these days  if you haven't got money, ID or cards, then you're pretty safe anywhere.....  Luckily at my age, dressing scruffily isn't a problem either  :jester:

I suppose Klosters was rather poncey since in Switzerland they scrape off the old road surface to repair it but then send in a giant vacuum cleaner to remove any nasty dust particles...

Archived