Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

mystery chip?

welsh wizard

Morning all just rummaging thru my DCC bits box and have found a mystery decoder,it is 7 cms long by 2 1/2cms wide has green screw terminals at each end numbered 1-8 and 9-16 the other the only label on it is E-0966 Pat 5,754,094 any one have one of these or know what manufacturer it is ? thanks merv from a sunny s wales coast...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all just rummaging thru my DCC bits box and have found a mystery decoder,it is 7 cms long by 2 1/2cms wide has green screw terminals at each end numbered 1-8 and 9-16 the other the only label on it is E-0966 Pat 5,754,094 any one have one of these or know what manufacturer it is ? thanks merv from a sunny s wales coast...

Perhaps a Lenz Gold Maxi?

More  than likely,  an  ESU  or  Massoth  decoder  used  for  mainly  large  scale  locos  (LGB  Aristocraft Bachmann Fn3  etc)

They  were  very  nice   dedoders  to  install  especially  with  the  screw  teminals,  they  usually  came  with  a  whole  bunch of  colour coded cables  as  well.

Happy Days  when  I  think  back,  disasembled  G scale  locos  all over  the  Kitchen,  several  enusing  rows!!!!

PS  if  you  are  ever near  jeremys  place  ( Dragon  g  Scale)  take it  in  he  will know,, (tell him I sent  you!!! :O )

• RMweb Gold

just a quick question what does the image editor look like and how do you use it ? be gentle I am useless at these computer thingys !!

In the top line of the page, beneath the RMweb banner, it says "Portal"  "Forums" etc, then "Image Editor". Click on it, and in the middle of the page (you may need to scroll down) is a menu. Click on "open image from computer" and it leads into your PC. Find the image you want to reduce, using that link, click on it and you should find it opens in the editor. Then use the headings. "Image" will offer you "resize". I find an image about 1800 pixels wide offers plenty of detail, but gets under the required 1MB size easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived