Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Most Boring Task in Railway Modelling

• RMweb Premium

Hi Torper

One club I was a member of use to get potential new members to thread what was in them days Alan Gibson (K&L then C&L) chairs on to rail. It was quite surprising how few came back the next week. :scratchhead:

That wasn't the old Maldon club was it? that used to meet in the old chicken shed.

• RMweb Premium

That wasn't the old Maldon club was it? that used to meet in the old chicken shed.

Can't go anywhere without being spotted :nono: Richard was not happy when most of us started to build a new layout with Peco track and abandoned Maldon East Mk2.

Threading chairs may be fairly dull, but, way back in 1980, when I was involved in building the then Somerset 0 Gauge Group's test track, as the very junior member I remember being handed a large bundle of old steel Bonds/Lowke?LMC etc. rai,l with cast chairs firmly corroded into place, and told to get the chairs off and clean it all up. The fact that I barely remember the process suggests that my psyche has drawn a protective veil over it :D.

• RMweb Premium

Can't go anywhere without being spotted :nono: Richard was not happy when most of us started to build a new layout with Peco track and abandoned Maldon East Mk2.

When were you a member there Clive? I was a member there from about 1985 to 1990.

Archived