Whitaker Apparatus in 4mm.

Does anyone make the Whitaker token equipment used on the S&D? Or even something that can be modified to a passable resemblance?  I may contact Bachmann about supplying as a spare what they supply with the 7F, but due to the number I need, it may be better to get an etched version.

Don't know about M&GN equipment, Stewart.

Do you know what Ian, that is a very tempting idea. 8-10 loco ones with 1 lineside per etch. A little more research needed I think.

Any drawings available?

Must be some somewhere. Failing that, will have to measure up at Washford.

The one I need is for the banking token exchange at Binegar. Will be having a chat with Wizard/MSE at Thornbury tomorrow.

If you are doing the Binegar bank staff apparatus specifically, then make sure that you pick the right set of equipment at Washford - they have (at least) two. The bank engine staff, being physically a different beast from an Electric Train Tablet, had a different type of pouch and therefore a modified form of 'deliverer' assembly. Pedantically it was not an 'exchanger', as the staff was only ever picked-up automatically, being returned by hand (or a well-aimed (?) throw!).

I intend to do a layout using Iain Rices plan for Binegar(Mainlines in Modest spaces), so it's the Binegar one I will model.

• 2 months later...

Ooh, me too. i am building BR ex LNER J15 65460 which was fitted with the Whitaker from, I believe, the 1940s. My current plan is to use the Bachmann 4MT tender apparatus from a spare unit, unless someone has a better idea....

Best,

Marcus

• 11 months later...

Is there anyone out there willing to make two whitaker exchange apparutus in oo scale. I have no issues paying the right person what ever they wanted.

I called peco today and mentioned itt might be a good idea to make one, after explaining to the guy what one is or was.

Is there anyone out there willing to make two whitaker exchange apparutus in oo scale. I have no issues paying the right person what ever they wanted.

I called peco today and mentioned itt might be a good idea to make one, after explaining to the guy what one is or was.

Well if anyone can direct me to, or supply, plans I need to fabricate one - so why not two more...? I approached Bachmann with a view to obtaining the moulding on the side of the 7f tender, but to no avail. I am also not happy with the limitations of plastic mouldings - or at least what I have seen of the close-up of the moulding applied to the tender, so have already resigned myself to fabrication. It's just getting hold of plans...

I think PDK do or have done tablet catcher equipment of the Whittaker type. I do remember purchasing a couple of Dave King's green packets about 20 years ago. I'm sure they were his (Crownline) in whitemetal.

Heljan also do them as a spare for the class 26 (on a sprue with other parts) but I think that is currently unavailable.

I think PDK do or have done tablet catcher equipment of the Whittaker type. I do remember purchasing a couple of Dave King's green packets about 20 years ago. I'm sure they were his (Crownline) in whitemetal.

Heljan also do them as a spare for the class 26 (on a sprue with other parts) but I think that is currently unavailable.

So do you know which sprue it was (A-D etc) as all I have found so far is the blanking plate for the tablet receptor location on the cab side?

Best,

Marcus

Does anyone make the Whitaker token equipment used on the S&D? Or even something that can be modified to a passable resemblance?  I may contact Bachmann about supplying as a spare what they supply with the 7F, but due to the number I need, it may be better to get an etched version.

I asked Bachmann about the spares situation regarding the tablet apparatus on the 7F tender (or indeed the 2MT - I think) but the response was that it was not available as a spare. Now, do we need to buy a complete tender body - also not a spare, so it seems we are drawing a blank...

Best,

Marcus

Archived