Blubell SER '100 Seater': ex S1050S P& P extra coach

• RMweb Premium

Good morning. Can anyone suggest where I might find a kit that might represent this coach. I've looked at Roxey and Worsley Works but can't really tell if one of those is suitable!

post-2326-0-63448400-1398938996.jpg

Of course it would be useful if there were a RTR sample available that might suffice or be something to adapt!

Many thanks,

Phil R

That's the one rebuilt by the SR from SER 6 wheelers as a prototype for the EMU conversions. As far as I know nobody does a kit for it, so you've either got to scratchbuild or at a pinch convert something out of Ration GWR 4 wheel sides. You can get drawings from Mike King which are also in his book on SR Pull-Push stock.

Bill Bedford does etched sides for some of the SECR 100 seaters, but they don't have panelling like this one.

There is also the Gerry Bixley drawing, which was published by the Bluebell in the 1970s, which I feel is a better drawing, if you want one and struggle to get a copy PM me and I will dig my copy out and scan it.  The other challenge to a kit basher is the underframe length, which was unique for a steam hauled SR coach undertrame.

Good morning. Can anyone suggest where I might find a kit that might represent this coach. I've looked at Roxey and Worsley Works but can't really tell if one of those is suitable!

Of course it would be useful if there were a RTR sample available that might suffice or be something to adapt!

Many thanks,

Phil R

I wonder whether, if the dimensions were known, this would be a candidate for a Silhouette cameo cutter ?

Dennis

• RMweb Premium

I wonder whether, if the dimensions were known, this would be a candidate for a Silhouette cameo cutter ?

Dennis

If there is a suitable drawing, the answer would be yes!

Andy G

Archived