RMweb

Exactrail

post-7117-0-41154200-1399430439_thumb.jpg

I can't speak highly enough of Exactrail. This is the new Protector coil car model. Another superb model. The framing around the top is very delicate so when mine arrived broken they said.

"No problem Ian. We'll send out a replacement and a return label for the damaged one". The replacement arrived. It too was damaged. (Did I mention the frame was delicate?) 
"OK Ian. Send them both back. We'll send another one and a car of your choice for the inconvenience".

The new car came way overpacked and I also have a Trenton bulkhead flat as well. Top marks to Chris and the people at Exactrail for sorting it all out.

Excellent customer service I thought I'd spread the word.

Ian

Nice car, buying one would just be little too off piste for my BN branch. I have to say that their service to the UK is excellent too, I get my shipments made through DHL and sometimes I have ordered my cars on a Monday and they have arrived by Friday of the same week (once even by Thursday) which is incredible.

Cheers

Chris

I only have two boxcars in my small collection of rolling stock and both are from ExactRail.

I got two of the TTX hi-cube boxcars that they produced just before it was sold out and I must say they are superbly detailed.

They came out with Kadee #5 couplers which I replaced with #158 scale couplers and had no trouble with the coupler height.

In the future if I want more boxcars I will only buy ExactRail no matter what the price.

Cheers!

Jacques

Nice car, buying one would just be little too off piste for my BN branch. I have to say that their service to the UK is excellent too, I get my shipments made through DHL and sometimes I have ordered my cars on a Monday and they have arrived by Friday of the same week (once even by Thursday) which is incredible.

Cheers

Chris

I have been considering purchasing some Exactrail PS 4427 covered hoppers which look great, but I'm concerned about the usual additional cost of shipping to the UK. Did you find postage, taxes etc reasonable?

Mal

I have been considering purchasing some Exactrail PS 4427 covered hoppers which look great, but I'm concerned about the usual additional cost of shipping to the UK. Did you find postage, taxes etc reasonable?

Mal

Hi Mal,

If I am buying 3 - 4 cars from Exactrail which I know that LSWR or others do not or will not have, then I expect to pay between $33 and €40 shipping plus the usual £15 - £20 import charge which is paid directly to DHL. It is not cheap I only do it for multiple purchases, and I only do it for cars I know will be hard to find elsewhere. Saying all of that you will get your cars in less than 7 working days, usually more like 3 - 4 days , they will be very well packed, and DHL are the best delivery company I have dealt with (both privately and at work). In comparison Tangent usually charge $25 - $30 for the same number of cars which will be delivered by USPS / Parcelforce where the service is good but not a patch on DHL.

I hope this helps. One UK based US modeller I know (not on here) thinks I am mad to pay these charges but I am willing to pay a bit extra where the service is good and I know I will have the cars I want.

Cheers

Chris

Archived