I want to produce a n gauge racecourse with grandstand(s). The course I want to be national hunt(jumps). I want the course to have the look of a medium to major course (course grade 1 or 2). I don't mind what grandstand is weather it's a all in one stand like ascot or multiple of smaller stands like york Cheltenham or even smaller like Thirsk don't mind what but look modernish(2000s onward built but other building can be older looking). I would like to also know how to make the running rail( my idea on other layout is peco fence paint White take every other post out would that be best) and stables other racecourse amenities.

Hope you understand this any questions on the Constance( dyslexic ) or other things not mentioned ask

Away

Hi, I did post this on the Layouts Forum,

If you are after a card kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Railways-N-Gauge-Modern-Racecourse-Buildings-Grandstand-Card-Kit-/151293760528?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2339cf9410. Looks very similar to Worcester. Anything else you would be looking at scratchbuilding. With regards to fencing have a look at the http://www.amazon.co.uk/Faller-272404/dp/B000O5V7E4 looks pretty good to me. Hope this helps.

I've seen football grounds on a model railway, but a racecourse sounds really interesting. Keep us posted with your progress.

You will need to think about some clever compression, because these things are big, like miles; and a mile in N gauge is roughly thirty feet. Perhaps just the finishing straight in front of a grandstand, and the enclosure for the winner's presentations?

Having put up a 'big top' in the centre of Utoxeter race course along with camping space for a couple of thousand teenagers and group leaders I can echo the size of a race course.

Don't abandon the idea though, a curve of the course and a grandstand with the rest of the course represented on the back scene would be a possibility

I know cAn I find or get one made

Also land rover defenders race tec type some used for stall Movement so has no rear cab or loading bay just a coupler and others have a back lading deck.

Channel 4 tv studio truck

Also land rover defenders race tec type some used for stall Movement so has no rear cab or loading bay just a coupler and others have a back lading deck.

You could paint one of these landrovers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P-D-Marsh-N-Gauge-Scale-G16-Landrover-Series-II-/370110356700?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item562c4bdcdc

to produce one of these https://www.flickr.com/photos/30230615@N07/3962777725

or chop it a bit to make one of these https://www.flickr.com/photos/30230615@N07/3962780383

Cheers

I know exactly what land rover you're thinking of without looking!

It's got a standard lorry '5th wheel' connection on it, I made one in 00 many years ago from a Modelscene Scammell Scarab and a JB models land rover kit.

The defender version is correct for a layout from 1984 onwards, the older land rover Nes has linked to is suitable for mid 1970's onwards (no reason an older one wouldn't still be in use today, they're expensive pieces of kit for something that doesn't see the road)

In N gauge I can only suggest oxford die cast Scarab and Land rover and a junior hacksaw.

They do see the road they pull the horse boxes back to base eg after Thirsk they pull the trailer with the stalls on to base at york ( they use to pull stall directly now needs a trailer) how would I construct it and have u any 00 photos

I've not got any photos,

Hacksaw the land rover behind the pick up cab, do likewise on the scarab then contact adhesive after filing the halves for a good fit.

I used the other two halves to make a parks department vehicle with the front of the scarab

I want to produce a n gauge racecourse with grandstand(s). The course I want to be national hunt(jumps). ....

...Any idea on starting stalls

Please note that National Hunt (jumps) racing doesn't use starting stalls.

Neither do point-to-points.

I want for flat any ideas...

Change of plan already? :scratchhead:

No It could be mixed codes but flat can use less space for course and shows summer. Horsetan u a racing fan like me.

Horse boxes ether old railway ones or 1980s style ones sim to older style removals lorries

Not any moden ones just railway ones

Boxes in n are all old big 4 railway owned boxes

You might have a bit of a problem, then. You might have to resort to buying a couple of modern lorries and seeing if you can convert them into something resembling a modern horsebox. Suggest you look at Oakley horseboxes for reference photos. They are built on fairly common cab / chassis designs anyway.

Archived