Last day at work

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Hi Just a quick one to say the XC trains training/ control "train set " is no more Serpelled out by yet another reorganisation by the beanies. layout junked due to relocations so staff had an impromtu shed open day and brake van rides. Banger Blue everywhere and a class 90 time traveller - future plans perhaps?

Some photos attached of the line up.  

Robertpost-11021-0-01660100-1399838454_thumb.jpgpost-11021-0-03209000-1399838659_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi , Layout being "stored" - how and where still a mystery but possibly at nearby depot store room.   Layout unsuprsingly an 8X4 on very light framing - ok when flat so hopefully will not get too damaged when contractors move in. We had thought of removing track but this would end with beanies skipping it.  Not mine to sell but I think a few would like to see it go to a good home!

Robert      

I know where you're coming from Robert. I had a contract for a few years to maintain an 'N' gauge model railway for 'First Engineering' in Glasgow. It was used to train drivers in modern signalling with working signals and SPAD signals with the warning boards etc. It was also used at employment fairs with the school kids being asked questions on the why's and wherefore's. I did a few of those with FE, it was a good day out - pick up the layout, engineering and PW displays at their office, set it up at the venue, show the HR people how to operate it and go for coffee, lunch, tea. Dis-assemble the display and layout and put up layout in the workshop to fix all the damage then return the layout to the office. Present invoice....

Relocation of FE has meant various people have moved on and what has become of the layout? who knows. Bean counters again???? :mail:

Dave Franks.

How timely that the morning after that useful device was chucked away, XC Control couldn't control its way out of a paper bag at New Street this morning.

It's the basics like teaching the core railway logics and disciplines that are crucial to the front-line but back-office staff. I wonder what 'awareness training' Arriva is replacing it with?

How timely that the morning after that useful device was chucked away, XC Control couldn't control its way out of a paper bag at New Street this morning.

It's the basics like teaching the core railway logics and disciplines that are crucial to the front-line but back-office staff. I wonder what 'awareness training' Arriva is replacing it with?

If it's anything like my lot, it'll be an interactive CD which to the uninitiated looks like a learning aid for 7 year olds.

• RMweb Gold

Hi , Well it was removed by the Beanies yesterday evening at most of office staff had gone, it was there 16.00 but gone by 06.00 this morning.  

Sad day with black ties worn and a cold silent rececption to beanies today ! For "just a train set" the amount of support amazing.

They know not what they do!

Robert   

Archived