Any Questions? Quiz the Dapol team

The Class 121/122 is what I was going to ask about too. I'm also interested to know if there are plans to release those that were lined up for Kernow limited editions as I had the Loadhaul version on preorder. Also, any chance of the Southwest Trains livery too?

1 - When are you going to produce the N gauge Mk3 TGS? There are many of us who cannot complete our HST sets without it and have been waiting, patiently for several years.

Already asked but not yet answered! Not only have we been patient, we have spent a fair few quid thus far...

Good morning reevesthecat and others interested in the 121 and 122

Been away at Railex over the weekend, so just getting back to business.

We are working on several '00' gauge projects including the 121 and 122 single car units which are currently going through design stage this normally takes around three months, but can depend on necessary corrections.

Cheers,

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dapol, I've a couple of questions

Are there any updates on the Grange's that was announced sometime back. (I'm not expecting a delivery date, just wondering where in the development stage this is). 

Second question - Do you know which DCC chips will fit into the Grange, and which will Dapol be fitting for their DDC fitted versions?

Is the BBA in 4mm scale still going ahead?  This would be a very useful wagon for modern modellers (and for me, as I model the steel industry with a loose enough timeframe to make use of these wagons!)

Regards

Alastair

Will you be overhauling the Website at all I know it was overhauled in 2013 with much hype but since then its gone down hill rapidly?

The website should be one of your main channels of communication with the buying public out there but it is very lacking in various areas.

Some areas to look at :-

Perhaps if you had a weekly update of where products were it may help instead of a hit and miss 2 updates a month if were lucky...

The last update to the Gallery section was March 2013?

Dapol TV 9 months ago?

The 'Easter Promotion' only seemed to consist of a handful of sets of wagons which were sold out quickly but left on the site well after Easter and noone could buy them ..

The websites of the main competitors aren't much better so you could shine in this area if you get it together quickly, drive people to your site on a regular basis (eg weekly) to check for the news update and hope your "offers" appeal to them and gain direct sales...

Hope you can see where I'm coming from, basically it just needs someone to take ownership of it as the basic framework is good its the content thats lacking.

Cheers

Steve

Ok, I will admit it, having seen this topic announced and read through the questions and few responses to date I am a little underwhelmed.

I am sure nobody was expecting the kind of interaction we had with Dave J but I for one was hopeful we might have seen a bit more information shared and a few more specific and detailed replies to issues/questions/topics raised than we actually have so far. Most replies seem to have been somewhat generic.

Naturally I do appreciate that we cannot expect answers to every single question raised for a variety of different reasons (not least the "day job") but if this thread is going to be a success in engaging those at Dapol with their customers and keeping them better informed (of which I am admittedly only one and hope it will) I do think it will need to open up a better dialogue than thus far.

If I am in a minority in saying this and others disagree I am perfectly happy to bow to that.

Roy

My two peneth is that the website is beyond rubbish. It is not intuitive to where information is and is not kept upto date. Nevermind how it appears on screen if you use a mobile device to look at it. Bachmann is better but still not great with those great scrolling sections set inside pages.

I also had hopes for this page but then if they can't update their website or Facebook then why should we expect more on a third party site? That said how many employees do Dapol have and can they afford the time to update these pages.

As per Ben's original post the questions are to be collated and put to the Dapol team. In the meantime Richard has been been kind enough, as he has an account on here, to answer some of the questions directly.

The other questions will be answered in due course.

I'm going to close the topic off for now so that outstanding questions can be responded to (if Richard can drop me a PM with the relevant responses) before re-opening the topic or commencing a new one at a given date.

Archived