Martin's mystery pictures

• RMweb Gold

Knowing how knowledgeable RMwebbers can be, I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify these locations and date? The only info I have is that it is pre-2001 and somewhere in the East Midlands. They are all on the same roll of film, so will all be in the same area. Other pics on the roll I recognise as Loughborough and the former Brush works. I have many hundreds of negs from the 1980s and 1990s but unfortunately few surviving notes of where and when. And no surviving memory either. I don't even remember eating a pork pie. :)

The sky wasn't really pink -- for some reason I was using cheapo Perutz film and the cassette has leaked and fogged them.

post-1103-0-18232100-1401712694.jpg

post-1103-0-13446700-1401712701.jpg

post-1103-0-21815700-1401712707.jpg

This looks very modellable. As weighbridge huts go, it's big. I remember climbing over the gate to get this pic:

post-1103-0-83146400-1401712711.jpg

And this must be somewhere near:

post-1103-0-44642600-1401712716.jpg

Many thanks for any help.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Image 3 looks like Rugeley, taken when both A and B power stations were there.  Rugeley A closed by 1995 and was demolished later that year, Rugeley B is still working.

In you photo it looks as though only the "B" station is working, so perhaps around 1994/5?  If that is the place?  It's a place I've never photographed, the information comes from Google earth and the web.

David

• RMweb Gold

The first ones are definitely Rugeley - taken from this spot - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.767767,-1.929462,3a,75y,95.51h,88.09t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sLwGyosACllNxpoq6f0vYKg!2e0?hl=en

Off to hunt for the others.

Many thanks Andy, David and Kevin. Here it is in 2009 too: http://goo.gl/maps/6lp85

Now to get the OS map out and see if I can get closer to that bridge.

Thanks again,

Martin.

The first couple of pics are definitely somewhere on the WCML.  It looks like it could be a junction, as there appear to be an awful lot of overhead wires looking at the structures on the gantry - I reckon there's about 6 tracks there, possibly 7, unless there' something going on with the overhead that I don't understand.  The Rudd, the first wagons behind the 31 were converted 1989-1990, but those look like they have seen some use and they were still in service in 1995, tying in with the date of the Rugeley A station closure in 1994/1995.

Found it!  (I think)

http://goo.gl/maps/IYv4S

Also just near Rugeley.

• RMweb Premium

The last one is Uttoxeter. You can see the grandstand on the racecourse through the trees. The Semaphore has gone now replaced by a colour light signal.

The last one is Uttoxeter. You can see the grandstand on the racecourse through the trees. The Semaphore has gone now replaced by a colour light signal.

Not a colour light unless it's been done in the last few weeks. It's one of the new overdone semaphore brackets. There's also a whacking great footbridge half way down the platform now!

Should've been passing through there this evening but swapped jobs for a morning turn.

• RMweb Premium

Not a colour light unless it's been done in the last few weeks. It's one of the new overdone semaphore brackets. There's also a whacking great footbridge half way down the platform now!

Should've been passing through there this evening but swapped jobs for a morning turn.

Appologies; I looked earlier at google streetview and it looked like a colour light signal, but when you move around the other side .........

post-7289-0-59745800-1401744071.jpg

I think the yard area was redeveloped in the early nineties, a new bridge and link road. I also seem to remember a Midland Railway van residing there right to the end, probably broken up on site. There one or two RMWEBers from Uttoxeter, possibly even a Signalman, expect they will know all the dates and details.

Well found too Pinza.

Cheers

Bren

Archived