The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Even Captain Scarlet passes on

beast66606

I didn't realise he was the voice of Captain Scarlet but I do remember him as Paul Temple and in other roles on TV over the years. Another once familiar face bites the dust!

• RMweb Gold

I recently got the box set of Captain Scarlet, but I'm working my way through Joe 90 first. The storylines were always simplistic but the obvious care and attention to detail lavished on the shows more than makes up for that.

Remember, though: Captain Scarlet is indestructible. You are not.

As a fan of much of the late, great Gerry Anderson's work I am saddened to hear of the passing of Francis Matthews. Captain Scarlet may not have been my favourite of the shows but I did enjoy it. I do remember when the show was remade in CGI and cruelly overlooked by many channels Gerry considered using Francis once again. Sadly he felt his voice sounded a little too old. Sadly the new show lost a little due to the new voice actor. 

R I P Francis SIG sir!

Always liked the start of captain scarlet, down a alley man opens up with a machine gun, he puts open a pistol one shot drops him............job done!     rip francis..........with the angels now.........them planes was fast!    

Archived