Bendibus

Geneng

Thought some of you might like to see this bendibus I motorised for Faller road.   Powered by two micromotors one per rear axle.   Bellows made for me by the supplier of 'Great Little Gangways' as the original rubber bellows was a bit to stiff.post-12944-0-08712000-1403464890_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geneng
Updating
  • Like 9

Well this bus is now looking a bit worse for wear.   I upgraded to a lipo battery with great performance but so much that it could drive through Faller stops!   Experimented with variable resistors to limit speed but cannot recommend this approach as get rather hot and unreliable.   As one motor has now failed I am planning to re-engineer - planning to make a new chassis using only one motor and lipo battery.   Unfortunately 'Great Little Gangways' seems to have disappeared from market so I will have to try to make an even more flexible bellows myself.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, w124bob said:

You might like this then, there's a longer clip of the finished model too.

Is the trailer axle independently steerable, or is it just a trick of the camera ?

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

It does appear to be steering as well. 

On 03/05/2019 at 06:58, figworthy said:

Is the trailer axle independently steerable, or is it just a trick of the camera ?

Adrian