C2C keep franchise

Noted on BBC local news that C2C have kept the franchise for LT&SR wise move as they do a good job promising new trains and other investment,looks like the DFT have seen the wood for the trees with a fifteen year franchise.New trains could mean cascade northwards of the current stock which is excellent and could provide Northern with good service.Any thoughts anybody ?

It isn't a complete new fleet, sounds to me like an increase in fleet size.  17 x 4-car additional units is how I read the BBC news release.  These should be accommodated within the existing operation pretty easily.

Investment in stations is the other major headline I picked up.  Good to see a National Express 'HOLD' in the Essex constituency, I reckon.

I travel to Southend fairly often and I'm always astounded at the service frequency even very late at night. I usually arrive at Central after midnight (I meet friends in London en route and don't leave Fenchurch Street until 11-ish) and even then there's an arrival from London every 10 minutes or so.

Their trains are what they are and are nothing special; but the actual service is excellent as far as I can see.

Jim

Archived