Dapol Pillbox Brake Van In Shops (Friday)

Great Western

Well cme you again come to the defence. You argue that adrian is misunderstood and that I and others before should not shoot the messenger. For me I became annoyed and frustrated to see yet another off topic post about another Dapol product, that has its own thread, where there was no added value apart from pointing out potential flaws in an early diagram. What was the purpose to that post apart from to further a view that the company is producing significantly flawed products, which is highly debateable and not relevant to this thread. In my view adrian has been acting as a bad news bear rather than a messenger in many of his posts. There has been some very useful and relevant posts pointing out flaws and inaccuracies, which are extremely helpful, but many others are off topic and for me I can only see their purpose as to undermine the company. You pointed out my 'warning', that referred to a thread I created where I had options to lock the thread. I made that point to adrian when he sought to suggest to another rtr manufacturer member that Dapols potential use of one of his products could be other than innocent. You mention the administration removal of parts of posts that contained inappropiate comments relating to alleged copying, however you make no comment about a further post on this thread, made shortly after that administrative action, which contained a generic article on copying and duplicating of models. What was the relevance and purpose of that post to this thread or to Dapol, I would see it as a backdoor attempt to make the same point.

Like others before me I have decided that I will no longer use this forum to view comment about Dapols products. I wish to give the manufacturer support as well as pointing out flaws as they have produced a number of highly acclaimed models in oo gauge, one of which was a model of the year.

We need to find a balance and avoid posting comments that duplicate previous comment and accept that others may not agree that the product is so seriously without getting a derogatory response. It is that type of post that has sent me and others away from this forum

Well cme you again come to the defence. You argue that adrian is misunderstood and that I and others before should not shoot the messenger. For me I became annoyed and frustrated to see yet another off topic post about another Dapol product, that has its own thread, where there was no added value apart from pointing out potential flaws in an early diagram. What was the purpose to that post apart from to further a view that the company is producing significantly flawed products, which is highly debateable and not relevant to this thread. In my view adrian has been acting as a bad news bear rather than a messenger in many of his posts. There has been some very useful and relevant posts pointing out flaws and inaccuracies, which are extremely helpful, but many others are off topic and for me I can only see their purpose as to undermine the company. You pointed out my 'warning', that referred to a thread I created where I had options to lock the thread. I made that point to adrian when he sought to suggest to another rtr manufacturer member that Dapols potential use of one of his products could be other than innocent. You mention the administration removal of parts of posts that contained inappropiate comments relating to alleged copying, however you make no comment about a further post on this thread, made shortly after that administrative action, which contained a generic article on copying and duplicating of models. What was the relevance and purpose of that post to this thread or to Dapol, I would see it as a backdoor attempt to make the same point.

Like others before me I have decided that I will no longer use this forum to view comment about Dapols products. I wish to give the manufacturer support as well as pointing out flaws as they have produced a number of highly acclaimed models in oo gauge, one of which was a model of the year.

We need to find a balance and avoid posting comments that duplicate previous comment and accept that others may not agree that the product is so seriously without getting a derogatory response. It is that type of post that has sent me and others away from this forum

The point is it's not off topic is it - its about Dapol's 7mm releases and the Pillbox!

It would seem that for some Dapol's output is debatable that is true to say.

As I said this is a FORUM with the facility for one and all to write - within reason - what they want/feel/believe, sometimes beliefs although strong are not fact, all I have seen is Adrian dealing in facts speaking of which, with admin privileges are you;-

1) a Moderator?

2)  do you consult or work for Dapol?

IF Dapol are using others' work for their own gain, then there are moral and legal implications, if such is proven to be fact then I for one would like to have the choice whether or not to deal with only ethical companies - although in the current capitalist society that is becoming harder and harder.

There are some of us, with experience in business, and who also have some inside information who are concerned about the current state of play within the British outline sector of the model railway market place (7mm scale) and some try to - diplomatically - disseminate the information to hand, once it has been verified, so as to help others.

It seems, with the above Post, to be that you are very biased towards Dapol and for you they can do no wrong - do you have an undeclared interest in the company, you mention that you a liaising with them via Facebook?

The only balance that I can see is, in the main, biased in favour of Dapol and it's, to date, chimera 7mm RTR releases, only ABS and one or two others counter that bias - so it would seem!

You doth protest too much me thinks - brings shills to mind!?

I do not have any interests in any company and the usual caveats apply.

I note that you have failed to answer specific questions also.

How many of you, in your number, have 'left' because you dont like to hear the facts about a newly released product?

When I last looked, it was a free country, with freedom of speech and views, I would hate to see anyone leave this wonderful site, over a matter related to a business issue, an issue whereby the manufacturer is not delivering.

This whole matter is saddening and sometimes maddening but we are only playing trains and this Thread relates to a commercially available product, one which has yet to receive accurate and robust reviews in the mainstream and within a free country we are allowed - within reason - to say what we like about it.

I guess that what some are saying is;-

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a Dapol Pillbox!?

<takes a deep drag from his cigar and a sip of single malt, sighs and walks away - thinking to himself that there must be a better way>

Guest 838rapid

This thread is becoming tiresome to say the least,there seems to be a strong group that just seem to want to gang up on others that have an alternative view on life to them.

The facts are certain people seem to be able to constantly voice their opinion about the model and to hell to anyone who doesn't tow the party line that the most vocal seem to feel we should cowl down too.

Yes I guess Cme and the whitewashed will no doubt say this is nothing more than a one line quip...

The fact is Dapol have made the model and its been received with mixed views by certain people,also as apparently we live in a democracy we are all entitled to thing what we want about the models,as previously stated by myself I have blocked Adrian bs from my feed as I am bored of the constant moaning and twittering about anything that the manufacturer slides into a box and calls a model.

We all have the same interests in model railways,so let's just live and let live.

Best option now as this thread seems to be turning into a clash of views in a less than constructive way is to see if the mods will lock the thread.

Dapol have made the models,so off if you want one buy one,if you don't move on..

Guest 838rapid

Apologies for the Aristotle,am using a kindle and it won't let me alter it.

It's meant to read CME and the Bottlewasher.

No offence intended in that text.

This thread is becoming tiresome to say the least,there seems to be a strong group that just seem to want to gang up on others that have an alternative view on life to them.

The facts are certain people seem to be able to constantly voice their opinion about the model and to hell to anyone who doesn't tow the party line that the most vocal seem to feel we should cowl down too.

Yes I guess Cme and the whitewashed will no doubt say this is nothing more than a one line quip...

The fact is Dapol have made the model and its been received with mixed views by certain people,also as apparently we live in a democracy we are all entitled to thing what we want about the models,as previously stated by myself I have blocked Adrian bs from my feed as I am bored of the constant moaning and twittering about anything that the manufacturer slides into a box and calls a model.

We all have the same interests in model railways,so let's just live and let live.

Best option now as this thread seems to be turning into a clash of views in a less than constructive way is to see if the mods will lock the thread.

Dapol have made the models,so off if you want one buy one,if you don't move on..

More than than a one liner LOL! In the main I agree (I think?) LOL!!!.

Apologies for the Aristotle,am using a kindle and it won't let me alter it.

It's meant to read CME and the Bottlewasher.

No offence intended in that text.

Not sure what this means.

I too think that I shall 'unwatch' this thread it was CN and myself who had the other Thread 'Locked' with Andy Y's help and guidance.

I have reported the Thread to Andy Y - lets all go away wiser and stay happy. ;-)

Cme and the whitewashed 

Obviously the predictive keyboard keeps on striking but it made me smile.

It's not a whitewash but more than a few people are getting bored with the constant repetition and battering so I'll lock the topic off. ABS will have to resort to voodoo dolls or something but I'm fed up with topics getting throttled into non-existence and all life-giving oxygen removed from the room. I'm even getting complaints by email from non-members; not that they disagree, just that it's perceived as being relentless and excessive and by allowing the continuation 'we' are condoning it.

Archived