Peter's Spares (Teesside)

Stubby47

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, John M Upton said:

They have taken over Dapol Spares supply from DCC Concepts.  Some areas of railway modelling social media have gone into meltdown at the news for some reason.

Personally, I am happy they have taken on the spares but do hope that when they get all the Dapol Spares in stock that they do something about their terrible website.

DCC Supplies not DCC Concepts.

1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

That has to be good news.

Not if you are an overseas customer. The minimum shipping charge is grossly disproportionate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I ordered a Hornby r-t-r loco body from Peter's Spares on ebay. In the photo the body was complete but when I got it the smokebox door was missing. I messaged them and they gave a full refund (and I kept the incomplete loco body). Excellent service, complete with an explanation over what had happened.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jsp3970 said:

No kidding, looked at ordering something and when the shipping came up it was about 10x the price of the item!

Trouble is I think they use their ebay shop and therefore the monumental rip off that is the Ebay Global Shipping Program to post overseas orders out.  The fact that overseas postage has skyrocketed as well has not helped matters either.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Trouble is I think they use their ebay shop and therefore the monumental rip off that is the Ebay Global Shipping Program to post overseas orders out.  The fact that overseas postage has skyrocketed as well has not helped matters either.

They also up the price on ebay to cover ebay charges , buy direct from them.