RMweb

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

The Square Peg ('spoons) in Brum has been running a local mini-fest featuring Burton Bridge brewery.

Tried a  "Festival Ale" (5.5% and standard price)

Not a bad pint

Keith

Burton Bridge is a happy memory for me. Not long after they started (35 years ago?) I stayed at a pub near Uttoxeter that served their beers. A very pleasant evening although perhaps not the best preparation for a job interview the next day.

• RMweb Gold

A couple of pages back I mentioned the fundraising for the community opening/ownership of The Drovers at Gussage All Saints (what a lovely village name!!).

Pleased to say that we have had recent news from the group and it seems to be going well. The LPA have refused planning permission for the pub to be made into a house and they are well on the way to raising the money for purchase. They have also found a good tenant to take it on.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
  • Like 1

For those of you in the south of England / Reading area, this is happening tomorrow at the Nags Head. Very tempted to go along, Wild Weather is one of 4 of our local small breweries - There's a lot in the Hampshire / Berkshire area!

Yes folks stand by your beds now hear this now hear this dive dive dive !!!!!

WEDNESDAY 29TH - WEDNESDAY 29TH - WEDNESDAY 29TH

WILD WEATHER - HOPCRAFT TAP TAKE OVER AT THE NAGS HEAD

The Nags Head

Hopcraft / Wild Weather Tap-takeover

Next Wednesday evening will see the last in a series of tap-takeovers that have taken place over the last month or two.

Next week's sees us welcome Hopcraft & Wild Weather breweries to take over our 12 handpulls and 2 craft keg pumps. This came about after the two breweries did a couple of collaboration brews together, one in Pontyclun & one in Silchester, both of which were called Sunday League Relegation Playoffs (1st leg and 2nd leg), a slight at the UK’s Premier division breweries with the money and power that make things a lot easier than it is for the small guys!

The line-up will almost probably look something like this:

Cask

Wild Weather - ‘Black Night’ (Glen Morran barrel aged)

Wild Weather - ‘Khareef’

Wild Weather - ‘Peach of a Day’ (Peach Sour)

Hopcraft - ‘Sunday League Relegation Playoffs 1st leg’

Hopcraft - ‘Temple of Love’

Hopcraft - ‘Sick Body Sick Mind’

Hopcraft - ‘Special’

Hopcraft - Midnight in Antarctica’

Wild Weather - ‘Sunday League Relegation Playoffs 2nd leg’

Hopcraft - ‘Statement of Intent’

Wild Weather - ‘Cumulo Chaos DIPA’

Wild Weather - ‘Fireball’

Keg

Hopcraft - Diggin’ up the King again

Wild Weather - Rip Tide (Fino Sherry barrel aged)

Gazza & Jay from Hopcraft and Mike & Iain from Wild Weather will be here to talk to you about beer and brewing, or music and communism! Plus maybe a couple of special guest brewers!

We also hope to have Dude Foods present serving up a selection of American BBQ treats, soon to be available permanently at the Nags aside our selection of pies.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is anybody else on here signed up to Beerbods?

I'm currently drinking this week's beer (should have had it last night, but was away) which is Oracle from Salopian Brewery - very light and refreshing

post-6677-0-56250400-1438375499_thumb.jpg

This is the first beer I've had from them and I really like the concept.  It might not be the cheapest way to buy some of the beers, but I do like the idea of tasting a different beer each week and the detail they give about the beer (even if I missed out on joining in with the live tasting for this week as I wasn't organised enough to take the bottle away with me).

• Like 2

Last week on holiday in Ross on Wye I discovered a lovely pint - "Butty Bach" brewed by the Wye Valley Brewery. A superb smooth bitter. It was on tap at the Hostelry in Goodrich (nice pub / beer / food / staff) and I got a few bottles in Waitrose in Monmouth. Just finished one a few minutes ago.

We also had a very nice meal at "Yaks and Yetis" Nepalise restaraunt in Ross. Run by an ex Gurkha and his family, don't even dare think about doing a runner without paying !!!!. Lovely place, superb food, friendly staff and the Gurkha beer is very nice also.

If you ever get to the nice little town of Ledbury call into Hay Wines on the high street, a wonderful selection of local to the area beers. I selected a dozen at random, and of the 3 drank so far well pleased. One called "The Creature" by Jones the Brewer, a bitter very nice indeed. Wish I'd bought more !

http://haywines.co.uk/product-category/local-products/local-beers/

Ah well, when it's all supped up, back to Tetleys headache mixture !!!

Brit15

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Anybody else celebrating IPA day this evening?

Not deliberately - I didn't know about it. But have had a couple of Greene King Gold IPA which I rather like (thanks to an earlier post on here which drew my attention to it).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Heads up - Morrisons are starting to review their bottled beer ranges and are selling some off at 99p - includes Brains Barry Island IPA and also some of the esoteric Batemans bottles.

Not sure if this means all branches but certainly some cheapies in Morecambe.

• RMweb Premium

Heads up - Morrisons are starting to review their bottled beer ranges and are selling some off at 99p - includes Brains Barry Island IPA and also some of the esoteric Batemans bottles.

Not sure if this means all branches but certainly some cheapies in Morecambe.

They'll probably put the prices back up next week and claim they're doing the breweries a favour.