The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

27 minutes ago, Bert Cheese said:

A possible return to silliness with this from Vault City...full of sticky fruity goodness and possibly the first empty beer can I think I'll be keeping hold of.

Bucky.jpg

Can you imagine if Northern Monk had brewed it they would have done Benylyn and Buckie!

• Funny 2

On 27/04/2024 at 13:53, roundhouse said:

Thursday night we were in Deya in Cheltenham for over three hours. Luckily we were drinking half pints

20240425_184749.jpg

20240425_184810.jpg

The Lord never made halves!

(According to my Dad).

(He wasn't a god botherrer either!).

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2024 at 00:08, andytrains said:

The Lord never made halves!

(According to my Dad).

(He wasn't a god botherrer either!).

Some years ago, our local pub in Callington used to put on a special strong ale over the Christmas period. It was called ‘Cripple Dick’, for good reason, and produced by some cunning alchemy at St Austell brewery. Due to its strength it was only sold in half pints although a few customers, those who had proved themselves capable of handling strong ale (myself included), were occasionally allowed a full pint.

Rather than ale it was more akin to porter and it was quite an experience to go from sober to tipsy within a few minutes of downing a pint.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hobby said:

If you weren't called Dick (or Richard!) did it cripple you or had some other effect?! ;)

I haven’t a clue. The events after a session involving the stuff were a complete mystery, so I suppose it did have some effect (you’d need to ask the wife) although I was always able to ‘walk’ home!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

After feeling good because we have sold our house and bought one in our preferred location we had a call at dinner time to tell us that the people buying our abode have pull out at the last minute.  To say we are disappointed is a understatement, so I went and drowned my sorrows.  

Most of my drinking  buddies are in Lesbos so i had to go on my own to keep the breweries going.  

The tipple of today was a very pleasant cloudy beer from Osset brewery with a collaboration from Northern Mork . It certainly hit the spot and after 3 pints I was a little bit shakier on the way home. 

20240510_170847.jpg

20240510_171456.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3