RMweb

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, airnimal said:

I went for a pint at one of my locals with a friend last night and had a couple of pints of stout. First was Milk Stout by Bristol beer factory at 4.5% and very pleasant followed by Voodoo stout at 5% from Ossett brewery. I preferred the milk stout more to my taste but my friend was the other way round. 

But on the bar was Sarah Hughes dark ruby at 6%. This used to be labelled as dark ruby mild but they have dropped the mild from the pump clip. Unfortunately this was going on until one of the others has run out. So I am hoping that there will be still be some available on Friday when my next visit is planned. 

20211102_211558.jpg

20211102_183121.jpg

20211102_183054.jpg

I enjoy Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout, hoping to have it again soon on a trip to Bristol.

Back in the early 90's as I was just getting to enjoy Milds,  I saw Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild in a Pub. I told the friend that I was with that he should try a mild.  I hadn't spotted the strength and that friend didn't like it at all . He never trusted me again over beer choice . I do enjoy that mild hese days though.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Currently drinking Spanish euro fizz,  that was until I discovered a craft beer bar which has amongst other delights, Karmeliet Tripel on tap.

I is a happy leopard. :yes:

Edited by leopardml2341
Corrects to Spanish
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tonights tipple now that the dark nights are here is a craft beer milk stout.

The Wild Beer Co of Westcombe UK have produced a Millionaire stout with flavours of salted caramel and chocolate. 

The ABV is very respectable 4.7%.

This beer is very rich, sweet and moreish and I guarantee you'll want more than one can.

Recommended !

IMG_20211121_194003_100.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It’s that time of year again, time for the beer advent calendar :-)

this year it is from Beavertown Brewery.

B1C246BF-93DF-4B2B-8862-09A48E494E8D.jpeg.5558e386bac94b09ee0f3c1d453f9c42.jpeg

first out of the box is Orange Conet. A marmalade IPA, 5.8% and very tasty. Not too sweet, not too fruity, just enough orange and just enough hoppy beer. Very nice way to open December 

6B0B4A62-A6F0-4309-BF2F-8AD8DCBDF29A.jpeg.31eaffc70f6c0272015b4d9e94fb249e.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nothing other than tea and coffee for the foreseeable, as I am on tablets medium term, and the Dr said that I should not drink with them - the box had "avoid alcohol" on the label, the pharmacist said "no drinking with these" and it is in three places in the patient leaflet.  I guess that this actually means what it says.

And there's me stocked up with a bottle of Speyburn 20yo, and a bottle of Lidl's Abrachan laid down for Christmas - they'll keep.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
On 10/12/2021 at 14:18, 45156 said:

Nothing other than tea and coffee for the foreseeable, as I am on tablets medium term, and the Dr said that I should not drink with them - the box had "avoid alcohol" on the label, the pharmacist said "no drinking with these" and it is in three places in the patient leaflet.  I guess that this actually means what it says.

And there's me stocked up with a bottle of Speyburn 20yo, and a bottle of Lidl's Abrachan laid down for Christmas - they'll keep.

My whisky loving friend has also gifted me a bottle of Bunnahaibin Staiuiradair - which I've never sampled, n-but look forward to doing so ASAP

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

He is indeed a loving friend, Staiuiradair is an absolutely fantastic malt. Enjoy !

And not overly expensive either AFAIK.

I did introduce him to the delights of Malt when he was just turned 18, when I shared the last of my 20yo unchilfitered single cask, cask strength Caol Isla, numbered bottle with him - he has always been grateful for this over the past 10 years.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 45156 said:

And not overly expensive either AFAIK.

I did introduce him to the delights of Malt when he was just turned 18, when I shared the last of my 20yo unchilfitered single cask, cask strength Caol Isla, numbered bottle with him - he has always been grateful for this over the past 10 years

Caol Isla, now there's another winner !

Edited by Black 5 Bear
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into the Papworth brewery bar in Earith Cambridgeshire yesterday before the usual Christmas Eve rituals.

A special festive ale was on tap - Three Wise Men which is simply Christmas in a glass !

Wonderful dark beer with hints of oranges, lemon and cinnamon.

A very pleasant winter ale at 4.6% ABV.

The wife bought me these beauties as an additional present. What a wonderful lady she is.

Recommended !

IMG_20211225_154027_722.jpg

• Like 4

These are going to get sampled to night. Starting with the IPAs I had one of the platform 6.1s  and what I can remember it was a nice pint but it was on top of about 6 others. 

All of these are sold by the Wessex brewing Co. brewed at Butcome brewery. All at 6.1%.

IMG_4021.JPG.b96a5304c5e57208f978efc50cb19fda.JPG

• Like 4