Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

Having been enjoying the Brewdog "Lost" lager I tried their fruit infused variation of the brand.  The case of eight cans is sold with two of the original, two Blood Orange, two Guava and two Lychee and lime.  I enjoyed the blood orange, the guava was OK but the lychee and lime didn't work at all, in fact it was pretty disgusting!

Jim image.png.2a1c620b5d3636401333e0c43b453f83.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobby said:

Why can't they just leave these "infused" alcoholic drinks to the gin drinking mob, at least they seem to like them and it doesn't ruin the taste of the drink! ;)

No one is forcing you to drink them and there is a strong tradition of fruit beers on the continent!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Currently drinking eurofizz in the form of Hellas Pils, but wait....

It has an uncanny taste of Castle Rock Harvest Pale about it and moreover it ain't too fizzy either.

I am currently drinking fizz.........Coke Zero.

However, hopefully will be on Butcombe brewery ales over the weekend.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Tonight’s pint provided a more wholesome view5AA3622F-1C97-44BA-AC77-EA40FCB26925.jpeg.a1ce9cca99a7a41d85d365f1e0c9bf91.jpeg

Clear as a bell, lovely pint by the look of it. 

Absolutely love Welsh ales and sometimes pop into the Mold Alehouse.

This establishment is run by Gareth and his Mrs in Mold North Wales and is highly recommended!

• Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/04/2022 at 23:25, 43110andyb said:

After a late 5-a-side game tonight 9-10pm a new beer needed to relax (after 5 days at work and on-call). Great Corby Brewhouse - Fox brown ale 4.6% very nice!

3F00962A-506C-4FB2-90F3-2C1441E0D4F0.jpeg

Another vote for Great Corby here, this time their Lakeland Summit brew. A pint at The Kings Arms in what was Maia Roman fort (Bowness on Solway) last night was a perfect interlude in a 40 mile cycling circuit from Silloth.

BeRTIe

051EF9BC-EB01-4CE6-8466-DEAB33A95090.jpeg

Edited by BR traction instructor
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A trip to my local brewery (Durham Brewery, a few minutes' walk from my house) revealed this rather drinkable IPA, their latest offering. Quite similar to their award winning Alabaster, but slightly more hoppy, and excellent in its own right. A handy 5 litre minikeg somehow found  its way into my fridge...

They have some more new brews to come - happy days! (Or should that be daze?).

20220813_141129.jpg.b52c982254f21089c143f3e0d2e4c189.jpg

Edited by MarkC
pesky autokorekt struck, and I didn't initially spot it...
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MarkC said:

A trip to my local brewery (Durham Brewery, a few minutes' walk from my house) 

Lucky you! I came back from a holiday up there with a case of their bottle conditioned beers, very nice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkC said:

Durham Brewery

My local, the Dog Inn in Whalley in East Lancs is renowned for the quality of its ever changing range of beers but this week it looks as though there's been a tap takeover as 5 out of the 6 handpumps is a Durham brew. By common consensus they are quite insipid by comparison to regulars such as Saltaire, Ossett, Roosters, Vocations, Brewsmiths and the many other popular beers we are used to.

Perhaps they don't travel well?

• Like 1

Perhaps, I'd put their bottled stuff on a par with any of the ones you mentioned, and better than many as they are bottle conditioned! Mind you I have some dire Saltaire beers in pubs before now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1