The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

22 hours ago, NIK said:

Currently drinking Badger Cranborne Poacher although Harvey's Bonfire Beer or their Xmas ale would be nice as well.

Went down to Lewes for my birthday and finished the trip by going to a Harvey's pub and then to the Harvey's Brewery shop and bought as many bottles as I could carry. Didn't take many days to drink them.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NIK said:

Went down to Lewes for my birthday and finished the trip by going to a Harvey's pub and then to the Harvey's Brewery shop and bought as many bottles as I could carry. Didn't take many days to drink them.

We have a couple of bottles of Cranborne Poacher, one of hteir better beers. We drank our bottle of Harveys xmas ale earlier this week. That came from the Harveys shop in Lewes. Our local Harveys pub has it on handpump at present.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

35yr old has just come back home for two weeks over Christmas with the front end of his car smashed in.

His Insurance is sky high already, due to misdemeanours, so guess what his Christmas present will be.

(A trip to the body shop).

Anyway, enough moaning about kids.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy, and, Prosperous new year.

Currently Drinking, a Very large Vodka and Tonic.

Bon Noel.

Andy.

Edited by andytrains
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Three more parcels to wrap.

Having a break with a glass of Wild Turkey in memory of the late pal who used to supply it "wholesale" when he worked for the importer. When this bottle is ended, I have just one more as yet unopened....

I'm clearly getting old, though. I can't take it "straight" these days and, to my shame, had to add some cola. 

Merry Xmas, All.

John 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Our first trip to London in 2024 and this good pub in the Barbican has four Brockley ales on. First time yhat we have had their brews away from the brewery.

20240115_160343.jpg

20240115_160310.jpg

20240115_160015.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I went to the AGM of the NSR society today after being a member for over 20 years. This is a very small society catering for a small pre-grouping independent railway. 

One of the Joy's of going by rail is that on the way back I can have a pint on the station at Stoke on trent. There is a small independent bar on platform 1 dedicated to Titanic brewery. 

I enjoyed a pint of Titanic plum porter which is always good. Tonight's was on form but rather keep to the same beer, I had some of the other offerings available including the Iceberg and the Steeridge. I have to admit it the plum porter wins out. What a way to end a very pleasant day.

20240217_172124.jpg

20240217_173416.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Its a bar that we have been past a few times but it wasnt open so is on our list of palces to try.

However apres Tonbridge show today we ended up in our local brewery in Reigate. Pilgrim have a superb range of brews and a good live band on.

20240217_183540.jpg

20240217_195851.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

Hi,

I was given a selection of bottles and cans from Guy Ritchey's Gritchie Brewery.

All very nice and despite not being a great fan of stouts also I liked the 8.8% stout.

Regards

Nik

Edited by NIK
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good to see North Coast Brewing still alive. Its many years since we last had any of their beers. The first time was in Fort Bragg at the time that the Skunk RR ran all the way from Fort Bragg to WIllits and their railcar was used to do the post along the route to isolated communities.

• Like 2

Tonight's tipple of delight from the Renegade brewery of Yattendon, Berkshire - Santa Claws Winter ale.

A delightful dark amber ale, coming in at 4.3%.

Currently on offer 12 for £19.50, with free postage on orders of £35.00 and over.

Recommended!

IMG_20240213_185533_665.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

At the slightly odd venue of Heathrow Holiday Inn express, a night cap of Harvey’s Old Ale.

A new brewery for me but picking up in others lists in this thread, was pleased to see it on the bar

im not disappointed, a grand ale indeed

IMG_9004.jpeg.b99aa68c1f7ca491d62790eb04b77a96.jpeg

I had three pints of Harveys Old on handpump in one of our local pubs this evening. its great that they have it back on all the time that it is available

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

At the slightly odd venue of Heathrow Holiday Inn express, a night cap of Harvey’s Old Ale.

A new brewery for me but picking up in others lists in this thread, was pleased to see it on the bar

im not disappointed, a grand ale indeed

IMG_9004.jpeg.b99aa68c1f7ca491d62790eb04b77a96.jpeg

Lovely stuff of fond memory.

I've not been round that neck of the woods for a good few years and am delighted to see Harvey's are still extant.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This morning, and for the next three mornings, I am required by my Rheumatologist to drink 5 glasses of water, over and above my usual fluid intake. Tuesday, late morning, Nurse Corinne will attend chez moi to give me my annual infusion of Zoladronic acid, which takes about 20 minutes.

My drink of choice these days is Chardonnay, whether in France or the UK. The bitter that I enjoyed for decades, as did late first wife Deb, now seems to go down more slowly than before. Being 75 does have its downsides!

• Friendly/supportive 1