The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, LimboBrit said:

Sounds like an interesting one to add to my collection

4583636E-8FF2-452E-A7DF-3C84D29F419E.jpeg

That's more like it! Vecchio, a fan of single malt and Scotland (may be not the government but the products of the country...)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LimboBrit said:

Brugse Zot - 7.5%   The beer used to be transported by being pumped through a 3.2km pipeline under the city of Bruges. Very nice. 

D3D86A0C-C3AA-40D0-8197-D1006EA209AB.jpeg

A favourite of mine when I last visited Brugge Bertie's hostiliery in the City centre some years back now.

They used to do a Winter brew dunkel De-Koenig which was about 10% ABV !

An expensive and foggy experience which is recommended....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beers for a cold, snowy evening Infront of the fire.

Wickwar Christmas Cracker, an excellent fruity, amber ruby ale ABV 4.1% from their Bristol brewery.

St Peters Cream Stout, a jet black brew of some excellence and full of chocolate and coffee tones ABV 6.5%

Another Suffolk favourite from Bungay.

Both are thoroughly recommended !

IMG_20210126_191655_998.jpg

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

The St Peter's cream stout appeals to me but I haven't  seen it in any of of supermarkets around where we live. 

Bought a can of Deucebox citrus double IPA. It's a heavy 8.4  which I found to have quite a  kick followed by another of my favourite beers McEwan's champion that use to be called No 1. 

I can't drink large amounts of ale nowadays so a couple of beers with a bit of clout does it for me.

20210126_215508.jpg

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, airnimal said:

The St Peter's cream stout appeals to me but I haven't  seen it in any of of supermarkets around where we live. 

Bought a can of Deucebox citrus double IPA. It's a heavy 8.4  which I found to have quite a  kick followed by another of my favourite beers McEwan's champion that use to be called No 1. 

I can't drink large amounts of ale nowadays so a couple of beers with a bit of clout does it for me.

20210126_215508.jpg

St Peters cream Stout isn't available singularly in many supermarket to my knowledge.

Occasionally, some may be available in one of their four-pack taster boxes.

St Peters brewery do currently have cases of stout on offer (12 pack) which have been mis-labelled and discounted.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 26/01/2021 at 22:54, Black 5 Bear said:

St Peters cream Stout isn't available singularly in many supermarket to my knowledge.

Occasionally, some may be available in one of their four-pack taster boxes.

St Peters brewery do currently have cases of stout on offer (12 pack) which have been mis-labelled and discounted.

not available online, you have to ring according to email this morning:
2944ADF2-C81E-49C9-8A9C-4CF8F678E410.png.81d4a3e1ef5df686a22c7b94bea4863e.png

Wonky labelled availability:
Plum Porter 5.0%
Cream Stout 6.5%
Best Bitter 3.7%
Gluten Free Suffolk Gold 4.9%
Golden Ale 4.7%
Without® Organic 0.0%
Without® Gold 0.0%
Without® Original 0.0%

LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE

• Informative/Useful 2

38 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

not available online, you have to ring according to email this morning:
2944ADF2-C81E-49C9-8A9C-4CF8F678E410.png.81d4a3e1ef5df686a22c7b94bea4863e.png

Wonky labelled availability:
Plum Porter 5.0%
Cream Stout 6.5%
Best Bitter 3.7%
Gluten Free Suffolk Gold 4.9%
Golden Ale 4.7%
Without® Organic 0.0%
Without® Gold 0.0%
Without® Original 0.0%

LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE

Much to my disappointment, the Cream Stout is already sold out and no wonder at £19 a crate !

St Peters do however still have stocks of plum porter for £18.50 plus shipment costs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've not bought many ales in recent months, but just couldn't leave this pair on the shelf in Sainsbury's last night...apologies in advance for my grubby looking kitchen here :o

In the glass is Rhubarbra Streisand, a rhubarb milkshake pale from Brew York...I have to say this is just as tasty as some of their excellent stouts i've had in the past.

Next up for imbication tonight is Wild IPA from Wild Beer which seems to have has a multi-yeast fermentation of sorts...I've had some very strange beers from this brewery in the past with seafood ingredients and all sorts in but I'd imagine this will be relatively safe from a supermarket shelf...at 5.2% its going to be just right too hopefully.

There is of course some darkness to follow...somewhen over the weekend I'd imagine.

NB1.jpg

• Like 4

The darkness is upon me, more from Sainsbury's...a couple of cans of Midnight Stack from Siren Craft Brew who can do little wrong generally...their Maiden barley wine is very special stuff.

Described as a nitro maple pancake milk stout it was quite sweet and very smooth, I could drink several of these at 4.2% but have to draw a line for now as I'm on a priority list to have my gallbladder removed and really need to have a serious go at losing some weight before I go in...had the pre-op assessment last Wednesday and it looks like they'll be ripping the thing out in the next couple of months hopefully.

sms.jpg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Just about to start on one of my Christmas presents. Both the glass and bottle were from my wife  amongst other goodies, she knows how to please. La Trappe Quadrupel at 10 % is to be taken slowly.

Reminds me of a very rich fruit cake.

20210216_220915.jpg

• Like 8