Evening all sorry there's no updates on the trees building but unfortunately we were called into the hospital last night as my Aunty is seriously ill and apart from a few hours break we've been there all day today.

I did however get a couple of hours break in which I met up with Steve (Scouser999) to go and see D345 pass through Parbold.

So, no modelling pics but here's a vid of whistler :) big thanks to Steve to for cheering me up and coming with me.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

So sorry to hear about your Aunty, and I hope that things work out for the best for you all.

Great video and pictures, thanks for taking the time to post them.

Jinty ;-)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Neil & Jinty

It's was a great couple of hours waiting for a minute of action :) hard to imagine these beasts where such a common sight, taken for granted along with all othe diesels and dmu's.

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Neil & Jinty

It's was a great couple of hours waiting for a minute of action :) hard to imagine these beasts where such a common sight, taken for granted along with all othe diesels and dmu's.

Cheers, Paul

Good times then! If you feel you want to come down next weekend for a break you know where we are - but no worries if not!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Good times then! If you feel you want to come down next weekend for a break you know where we are - but no worries if not!Phil

Thanks Phil

I'll do best and I'll be in touch, nothing like driving on Abbotswood Junction to put a smile on your face :)

Thanks, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Neil

I'd hoped to of got the embankment at the front started this weekend but think it'll be next weekend before I can make a start on that. I've finished the bush and tree off so I'll upload the pics when I get home later. Hopefully I can get some small detail bits finished in the week like trunking lids etc.

I need to get the semaphore signal to, I was going for the Dapol lms home but heard good and bad about it so un decided on whether to go for it or go for another, think the fact it was lit was swaying me towards it. Thoughts on the semaphore would be welcome, could go for the cheaper ratio one??

Cheers, Paul

Thoughts on the semaphore would be welcome, could go for the cheaper ratio one??

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

A mate of mine has got quite a few of the Dapol ones on his layout, and they all work fine and have done since he fitted them about 12 months ago.

The only cautionary note is with regards to the fitting of them, they come with a tube, about 2cm in diameter, which goes through the baseboard, and a big nut that secures from underneath onto the threaded tube. My friend was only tightening gently with his fingers, and the tube pulled off the signal base. this happened with a couple of them, so he carefully glued the threaded tube to the base of the signal, and took great caution in tightening up.

I hope that helps, as they are a nice looking signal.

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

That's great thanks Jinty :)

Managed to finish the bush and small tree today so here's the pics.

For the foliage I use woodland scenics foliage clusters.

post-18716-0-82583200-1417374727_thumb.jpg

This is then clued to the wire tree structure using what ever glue takes your fancy, I like super glue personally (not used in the pic) but it doesn't go very far.

post-18716-0-97962500-1417374849_thumb.jpg

The foliage is then put on the tree, the stronger the wire the better so it can go into the foliage to help secure it.

post-18716-0-81760800-1417375210_thumb.jpg

It's exactly the same for the tree to, I haven't done the large tree yet as it won't be getting used until the back scenic section is started.

post-18716-0-77136700-1417375392_thumb.jpg

If anyone wants any extra info or detail, in pics to, let me know an I'll answer away.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well the signal dilemma is sorted, after Hattons saying they weren't getting any back in stock, I just checked now an they had 7 so just ordered one for £22.

So that's on the to do list for the coming week, if I get any time that is :)

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Giz shout if you want any ground frames making,ive post x8 sets of them this week to people... :locomotive: :sungum:

Cheers Neil

Don't think I need any on these two boards but who knows if I ever extend Edgelane :D thanks for the offer though.

I've got a few ideas for detail around the semaphore but keeping it under my hat until it's done (or I muck it up and don't do it, then know one will ever know ;) ).

Thanks again Neil

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Neil

Hoping to get back into it this weekend, haven't had much time of late, especially with puppy the Mrs has been wanting for ages making an appearance, so some of the modelling time has turned into puppy watching and getting my ankles bit!!

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Well a nice little parcel containing a signal arrived at my mums yesterday so I managed to pick that up this morning. On first inspection I must admit the Dapol signal looks spot on, of course it's not 100% accurate but it looks like the one in the photos I have so its good enough for me (I can't be to fussy, I've added an extra running line!!)

So I've got my plan of action for tonight although not sure what order or what I'll manage to get done. The Signal, the p/w hut and finish the detailing etc on one of my 37's are all on it. The signal looks fairly easy to install, drill a hole, pop it in, solder to the bus wires and attach a switch, simples!

So with a bit of luck some updates later.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There realy easy to install Paul,just be careful not to over tighten though..

Did you get chance to make your grass machine??

Hi Neil, yer and it works a dream, there's a couple of pics on page 13 post 322, it's an extendable one to!! ;) not that I'll probably ever extend it. But it was so easy to make.

I didn't know the signals worked off the bus wire, that'll make things a lot easier :)

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1