• RMweb Gold

Any more updates buddy :paint:

Hi Neil

Haven't had any time of late to do anything :(, I have done a bit of weathering on a 40 though, pics are on my weathering thread mate, an a busy weekend up ahead goin away for the Mrs's birthday so probably not much till next week I'm afraid. Hopefully though I'll have some plaster bandage and grass down soon, so I'll get some pics on as soon as I get going :) I'm goin to attempt to make a static grass applicator to, (should be fun!) so there will be pics of that to.

Thanks, Paul

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not really an update as such, but I had noticed on an old photo that there's a triangular sandstone structure, like a very small retaining wall, more or less opposite where the signal box once was. I've only come across one photo of this but Beast confirmed the other week how it looked when I sent him a rough drawing I knocked up.

Today though I managed to be passing Edgelane Junction whilst in work and managed to see some of the structure for myself through the overgrown bushes. I was quite supprised it was still there but I was made up to of spotted it.

My dodgy drawing.

post-18716-0-35623700-1415134383_thumb.jpg

And a photo from today, it's just possible to make out the bricks and the shape.

post-18716-0-79048700-1415134531_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Not really much of an update as it's been a busy week and weekend with other commitments but I managed to grab 30 minutes late last night to make a start on the small hill. I picked up a few rolls of plaster bandage from hobbycraft, £1 for a metre roll with is a bit of a bargain and it seems to work well.

Probably won't get anything more done till tomorrow night as its the Mrs's birthday today so it prob won't go down well if I start modelling!

A quick pic of last nights progress.

post-18716-0-57263000-1415687364_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Again not much free time of late but I have added a couple more layers of plaster bandage, hopefully it'll be ready to paint soon. I ordered some static grass today so I best get my finger out and make the applicator!!

post-18716-0-84762700-1415828905_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-24483200-1415828923_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-93640400-1415828937_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 7

Looking good mate a few more layers and a lick of paint and you'll get to the good bit ,the greenery

The static grass machines are easy to make but if your strainer is stainless steel you'll need it'll take some soldering the wire to I got a file and took the coating off then soldered it to it and then put tape around the joining to make sure it doesn't move if it does and the earth wire becomes disconnected you'll get a belt off the machine due to the build up

But it's 2 wires one to the strainer and one to the earth

Brian

Thanks guys, more tonight including the making of the grass applicator! :D

Paul

I made one using a battery operated fly swatter and a metal tea strainer!!!!

Works ok too!!!!!

Good luck, don't forget the hoover afterwards!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Edited by Jintyman

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Jinty, I've got the swatter and the tea strainer, I had a look at it this morning an it looks pretty easy to do, all I have to do is wait for the grass to arrive! :D (and hope the Mrs doesn't start messing with it an electrocute herself!! Think I'll hide it somewhere safe :O )

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Jinty, I've got the swatter and the tea strainer, I had a look at it this morning an it looks pretty easy to do, all I have to do is wait for the grass to arrive! :D (and hope the Mrs doesn't start messing with it an electrocute herself!! Think I'll hide it somewhere safe :O )

Cheers, Paul

Yes wise move, or Minnie's hair will end up afro!!!!!!!! ;-)

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

First section of the hill done and static grass applicator made!!

And not just your average everyday applicator.

post-18716-0-20253000-1415916802_thumb.jpg

It's an extendable one!!!! :D for all those hard to reach hills and embankments!

post-18716-0-66588400-1415916859_thumb.jpg

And a couple of pics of the hill to.

post-18716-0-68661800-1415916948_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-45402800-1415916965_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing the results of the applicator Paul - May need one myself at sometime - Looking good.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob, the grass arrived today so once I've painted the hill a nice muddy brown colour it'll be time to lay the turf!! Fingers crossed :)

Thanks, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not much done tonight I'm affraid but I've painted the hill a nice earthy colour!

Hopefully some greeney in the next couple of days, although with a barge trip along the Shropshire Union canel tomorrow and the new puppy arriving on Sunday, I don't think I'm going to get much 'man' time.

A pic of the painted hill, which looks a bit like a caveman's club.

post-18716-0-04702100-1415993560_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3