• RMweb Gold

Completely off topic an not railway related but just spent the day cruising along the Shropshire Union canel, I even skippered it for the outward journey, dead relaxing but very scary, I'd recommend it to anyone!! :)

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Evening, managed to grab a quick hour inbetween puppy watching, so I've given the hill it's first coat of scatter and static grass, the homemade applicator works!! :D

Still needs more scatter adding and I've ordered some burnt static grass, I also need to add bushes an trees etc but thought I'd show the early progress so far.

I noticed a dirt track/path on some old photos of Edgelane so I've made this using ash, it's a bit to obvious so it needs covering more with bushes an foliage but I'm quite happy so far.

post-18716-0-67019700-1416264094_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-69455700-1416264110_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-06687700-1416264125_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening, managed to grab a quick hour inbetween puppy watching, so I've given the hill it's first coat of scatter and static grass, the homemade applicator works!! :D

Getting in to Grass eh? Be careful, am sure the Missus has friends who might be interested in that.... hee hee

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Getting in to Grass eh? Be careful, am sure the Missus has friends who might be interested in that.... hee heePhil

Ha yer I have to be careful what grass I ask for around these ways Phil ;)

I forgot to add the pics before, so just edited the previous post

Cheers, Paul

The hills looking great now its got some greenery on and the paths nicely done too

Nice work

Brian

Edited by bri.s

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Jinty and Bob

It really does make a difference, I ordered some dead static grass last night so I'll mingle that in around the bottom nearest the track. If I get chance tonight I'll try and make a start on the bushes and trees.

Thanks again, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice one Paul. I've been following this with interest for a while now. Just wanted to say that I think it looks great.

The last photo is conclusive proof that you don't need a back scene.

Mike

Thanks Mike glad you like it :)

I haven't even tampered with it either, the silver/grey wall looks like a dull sky, although I do have to make sure any of the wife's Minnie Mouses are out of shot! ;)

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

My own preference is for woodchip...

It's good to see that someone else on here is into dirty track work.

Mike

Ha can't beat wood chip! Or dirty track, thankfully I've got photos off Flickr to go off and the late 60's is pretty grubby, sometimes I think it looks to dirty then I find an old photo an I realise how dirty and mucky the old railways where.

I've dirtied the pathway up the bank tonight, so hopefully I'll get some pics tomorrow when it's all dry.

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Had ago before at making a bush and a tree using some picture frame wire, I basically wrapped three pieces together for the tree, two for the bush, then separated then then their strands out. Once I'd done that I soldered the joints.

I'll give them a coat of paint in a bit and see how they look but here's a pic of them so far.

The bush.

post-18716-0-44676600-1416514696_thumb.jpg

The tree.

post-18716-0-66525700-1416514795_thumb.jpg

I'm quite pleased considering I've never made one in my life before!

Cheers, Paul

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 1

Back to the tree I'd add some filler to the trunk to fill it out a touch and spray it all with sleeper grime or something brownish

Sorry if you've already got something in mind for it but though I'd add my 2 penneth ( too many beers tonight lol )

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Very nice work on the path it looks great even when zoomed in (which was an accident lol)

Brian

Thanks Brian

I'm really pleased with how it's coming along :) I'm just building it up each day with a little bit more, gluing it then same again the next day.

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Back to the tree I'd add some filler to the trunk to fill it out a touch and spray it all with sleeper grime or something brownish

Sorry if you've already got something in mind for it but though I'd add my 2 penneth ( too many beers tonight lol )

Brian

Thanks mate, I was wondering whether to put anything other than solder on it, I've got some brown paint so I'll see how that looks and add some powder whilst it's still wet, I'll experiment tomorrow:)

Thanks again for the advice it's always welcome.

Cheers, Paul