All the track info has as I have said sadly come too late for me but its very interesting and has answered several of my niggling problems for which I am eternally grateful. One thing I still don't know is what OO-SF & OO-BF stands for though?

Andy,

You will be out there for hours fiddling with those Templot print-outs! I wish I was nearer so I could laugh at assist you aligning them, all 57 of them......have fun!

Hhahahhaa Mike I think your right about sorting out the prints, I had a look at a few and they do seem a bit hap hazard to say the least, but once I throw them up in the air and see how they land, then and only then will I have a better idea of what it will look like.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi All and Bodge,

By the time this layout is up and running many of us would have spent hours enjoying researching bits for our mate Andy, so what do all think of inviting ourselves to the grand opening where Mr Peters can give us all a cup of tea and one of the famous Bodgit sausages in a roll, bun, cob, bap or what ever English dialect your small bread thingy is. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hi All and Bodge,

By the time this layout is up and running many of us would have spent hours enjoying researching bits for our mate Andy, so what do all think of inviting ourselves to the grand opening where Mr Peters can give us all a cup of tea and one of the famous Bodgit sausages in a roll, bun, cop, bap or what ever English dialect your small bread tghingy is. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

One of the best ideas I've heard for a long time

• RMweb Gold

I think he might have to take the layout out to get us all in!

Perhaps a turnstile on the gate letting a few through at a time.

Don

Sounds like a good idea ... he might even charge and send the proceeds to the Stroke Association!

Peter

• Like 4

One thing I still don't know is what OO-SF & OO-BF stands for though?

Hi Mick,

You are a mine of information good sir, many thanks indeed. I am sure my C&L gauges must be 'OO-BF' as they say 16.5mm on the label, so now I know - at last!

Evening gang, nothing at all done today, the plan was to go out in the Shed this evening and start to lay out the templates, but I am going into the Print Shop tomorrow to see if they can print the plan onto one continuous roll, I have downloaded it onto one of those funny little Stick things that go in the side of the Flippity Flopperty thing but I still cant view it as one from here yet. 

More will be known tomorrow I hope.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening gang, nothing at all done today, the plan was to go out in the Shed this evening and start to lay out the templates, but I am going into the Print Shop tomorrow to see if they can print the plan onto one continuous roll, I have downloaded it onto one of those funny little Stick things that go in the side of the Flippity Flopperty thing but I still cant view it as one from here yet. 

So - you HAVE done something, very useful, today. You're months ahead of me, Andy. With you, Jason, Mike etc ploughing on I'm starting to get worried!

Jeff

Hi All and Bodge,

By the time this layout is up and running many of us would have spent hours enjoying researching bits for our mate Andy, so what do all think of inviting ourselves to the grand opening where Mr Peters can give us all a cup of tea and one of the famous Bodgit sausages in a roll, bun, cob, bap or what ever English dialect your small bread thingy is. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

I hope your good men will be up to the job of marshalling the carpark, providing crowd control, barbequeing the sausages and brewing the tea :jester:

So - you HAVE done something, very useful, today. You're months ahead of me, Andy. With you, Jason, Mike etc ploughing on I'm starting to get worried!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, you'll soon catch up and overtake me, you have your Points already done, I have to start making mine, and THEN RE MAKING THEM to get them right, hahhaha.

Hi Mick,

You are a mine of information good sir, many thanks indeed. I am sure my C&L gauges must be 'OO-BF' as they say 16.5mm on the label, so now I know - at last!

Actually Mike, they will be 'DOGA Fine' - 16.5mm gauge, 1mm flangeways - if they are from C&L : they don't sell any other 00 gauges (but they do now sell the 00-SF gauges!)

Steve

Edit to add:

C& L Product code is 4TG00

Edited by sp1

• RMweb Premium

I hope your good men will be up to the job of marshalling the carpark, providing crowd control, barbequeing the sausages and brewing the tea :jester:

Dear Mr Donington-Road

As commander I have Operation Bodgitrail all under control. My adjutant Captain Nearlyposhname (not a bad chap for a grammar school boy) and the Sergeant Major are in charge of keeping the motor transport in order. Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da and Corporal whatever his name was are manning the entrance with Sergeant Shoutalot ensuring that nobody helps themselves to Mr Peters' toy trains. I too would do as he says if he shouted "You there, get your filthy thieving 'ands off that NOW!!!!!" at me.

Staff Sergeant Burns has his number one cooker ready for the Barbeque as he prefers to call his fry ups, either way we are normally left with something chard. It just leaves the Quartermaster (God awful man, came up through the ranks) to make the tea assisted by Cfn Mortimore. The Quartermaster did mention that he will only bring one small box of tea bags and that you all will have to share one bag between two cups because if he brings the other box it will leave a gap on his shelves. Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da says that Corporal whatever his name was has reminded him that Operation Bodgitrail will have to be on a Wednesday when we all can travel on the number 79 bus.

As well as the support for the event as you have requested Lance Corporal 911 will be on hand to fix any electrical problem.

Do you think that Captain Dr De'ath and Private Bone of the RAMC should be in attendance with their sticking plaster and smelling salts? You never know what emergency could happen.

Yours

Lt. Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Knew you would! :jester: Well try to at least.

I did mine in A3 cos' I have an A3 printer but even then I thought what a pain. I tried my print shop but either his machine or my stick was dodgy, I'll take a guess who's! Hope it works for you mate.

Knew you would! :jester: Well try to at least.

I did mine in A3 cos' I have an A3 printer but even then I thought what a pain. I tried my print shop but either his machine or my stick was dodgy, I'll take a guess who's! Hope it works for you mate.

See what I mean - double vision now.....sorry

• Like 4

There's no good me volunteering for any of those jobs as I would naturally end up in the car park, I know my place and always have a Sou-Wester to hand!

• Like 1

Tbh Andy I dont think that they will be able to do it as one big print. The nature of templot exports it as sheets that you can print. A4, A3 or whatever. The A3 file I sent you was fine however I feel you tend to get more waste blank paper with A3 than you do with A4. Unless they can edit the file at the shop and cut and paste all they pages in the correct order and position in the plan (which I doubt very very much) then you would be better off just having em done on seperate A4s.

Actually Mike, they will be 'DOGA Fine' - 16.5mm gauge, 1mm flangeways - if they are from C&L : they don't sell any other 00 gauges (but they do now sell the 00-SF gauges!)

Steve

Edit to add:

C& L Product code is 4TG00

You see I'm still confused, I'm going back to Peco....................That could be the big change on Dent this week? What do you think!

Seriously I now hope I am on the straight and narrow (literally) at least I can digest Mick's informative info for the correct section now.

Thanks again all.

• Like 5

Tbh Andy I dont think that they will be able to do it as one big print. The nature of templot exports it as sheets that you can print. A4, A3 or whatever. The A3 file I sent you was fine however I feel you tend to get more waste blank paper with A3 than you do with A4. Unless they can edit the file at the shop and cut and paste all they pages in the correct order and position in the plan (which I doubt very very much) then you would be better off just having em done on seperate A4s.

Hi,

I'm sure when I wanted mine done I was told it was okay to do but I honestly don't know enough to offer any help, I just think it was selecting 'File type' in the 'save as' command.

Nah, the file is a 57 page pdf. It cant be saved as anything else. Each page is essentially a printed page. The whole plan doesnt exist in the pdf file in any format. To print it as a whole one piece plan the printers would have to be able to digitally cut out the tracks on each page and then assemble them digitally into a plan that they dont know what it looks like in the first place and then stitch them together for printing. A lot of work that even it they had the software and knowledge to do from a pdf file it would cost a crazy amount in labour alone.

Edited by RBE

Nah, the file is a 57 page pdf. It cant be saved as anything else. Each page is essentially a printed page. The whole plan doesnt exist in the pdf file in any format. To print it as a whole one piece plan the printers would have to be able to digitally cut out the tracks on each page and then assemble them digitally into a plan that they dont know what it looks like in the first place and then stitch them together for printing. A lot of work that even it they had the software and knowledge to do from a pdf file it would cost a crazy amount in labour alone.

Sorry but I was told there was a format to suit a 'plotter' type printer used for architects plans and such e.g on a roll about 900mm wide and not individual sheets. I will have a look at templot but have my doubts if I'll remember the suffix choice.