Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Premium

I have indeed met the said man and survived to tell the tale!

I presume the figure you quoted had nothing to do with waist measurements and s*u*a*e*! I do recall that he . . . . . . [insert words of your own choice, I'll say "is a splendid chap" - so that he doesn't hit me the next time I see him].

• Like 1

Morning all, well Brett, (BEEJAY) messaged me the other day to say that he was taking a cycle ride out to Bitton and would I like some photos, I obviously said; yes please, and he has come back armed with 49 really useful shots and even used his hand at one point to give me a Block size for the Cherry Garden Lane, Road Bridge over the cutting at the Warmley end, I may not model this as per prototype just yet, but its amo for a future project. 

His Photos can be found here on his flicker site, and will be a good source of reference.

Thanks Brett. really appreciated.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/-beej-/

• Like 5

Hi Ray,

The idea of one of the seven dwarfs was thwarted at the outset, have you met Andy? He's about 6ft 6in! I would be more suitable for that 'handle' at 5'5" but it would have to be 'Grumpy' for me especially at this time of year. Hohoho

I have indeed met the said man and survived to tell the tale!

I presume the figure you quoted had nothing to do with waist measurements and s*u*a*e*! I do recall that he . . . . . . [insert words of your own choice, I'll say "is a splendid chap" - so that he doesn't hit me the next time I see him].

6'6" ? Maybe he was crouching down on the occasions I've met him :)

I thought he had (high) heels on his shoes!

6' 9'' And loves Christmas, so not Grumpy either, and I don't wear high heels, except on a Friday night, ha ha ha.

Morning all, well Brett, (BEEJAY) messaged me the other day to say that he was taking a cycle ride out to Bitton and would I like some photos, I obviously said; yes please, and he has come back armed with 49 really useful shots and even used his hand at one point to give me a Block size for the Cherry Garden Lane, Road Bridge over the cutting at the Warmley end, I may not model this as per prototype just yet, but its amo for a future project. 

His Photos can be found here on his flicker site, and will be a good source of reference.

Thanks Brett. really appreciated.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/-beej-/

Andy, some excellent photos there. :sungum:

• Like 1

6' 9" :D

Are you prone to exaggerating sizes mate? I have a mate who is 6' 7 and he is a giant who bangs his head on door frames all the time.

Yeah, I guess that must be 5' 9'' and yes there are certain things that I like to exaggerate about, one being my ability to exaggerate. :no:

• RMweb Gold

As you get older is becomes easy to slump a little but spot a young lady  and it is straight back chin in belly in chest out or is that just me :jester:  makes a few inches difference in height.

Don

• Like 2

As you get older is becomes easy to slump a little but spot a young lady  and it is straight back chin in belly in chest out or is that just me :jester:  makes a few inches difference in height.

Don

Oh no I've got competition then!

• RMweb Gold

Don

It's the "belly in" bit which I struggle with, nowadays... :O :no: :no:

• Like 1

Evening Guys, I been over to my mate Jeff''s, (Binney), this evening and had a nice running session on his Burton North Layout, I took over a couple of Prairie Tanks and Swithland Hall, just to give them their first outing, just a little running and shunting and some faultless running. 

A really great evening.

• Like 7

Hi Andy,

Swithland Hall sounds interesting, Polly's been waiting for her's to be re-released (latest is April 2015). I think she is going to rename it to Burton Agnes Hall when it arrives which is why it has to be the modified version. Is yours a rename or from an earlier batch?

Ray.

Hi Andy,

Swithland Hall sounds interesting, Polly's been waiting for her's to be re-released (latest is April 2015). I think she is going to rename it to Burton Agnes Hall when it arrives which is why it has to be the modified version. Is yours a rename or from an earlier batch?

Ray.

Hi Ray, mines from the earlier batch, but I'm not at all worried about the small difference in the Tender, in fact once its coaled, Crewed and weathered it wont show.

I like the idea of Burton Agnes Hall, I saw that at Didcot many moons ago.

I also fancy a Manor, having ridden behind Erlestoke Manor at the SVR the other week.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Gang, well an hour outside this morning and I've re positioned the Approach Road, it was aiming towards the goods yard and needed to be aimed more towards the Station Building, then with some Plasticard I am able to get the foot path down to the Road at the foot of the bridge. 

I have also checked the alignment of the point and head shunt for the Goods Shed release track in the station forecourt, unfortunately on my model the point protrudes more in front of the Station than the real thing, this is because of the curvature of the track beyond the Platform at the Bath end, but again I can live with that.

I was also able to check on the alignment for the Cattle Dock in the back of the down Platform, I may also include an end loading facility here, I haven't seen one in any pictures yet but it seems a good place to stick it, it will also increase the traffic potential for the yard.

The Coal sidings are looking really good and I can have some fun shunting in there.

Here are some pics from this morning.

post-9335-0-43906900-1419170216_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37029100-1419170222_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62705800-1419170229_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38922700-1419170250_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06436400-1419170263_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95977900-1419170276_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84264300-1419170292_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87772100-1419170307_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02414200-1419170331_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23511100-1419170346_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83896200-1419170359_thumb.jpg

Its coming on really well now.

• Like 17

Hi Gang, well an hour outside this morning

Amazing what some people can achieve to do in an hour all whilst drinking tea and biscuits :scratchhead:

Is it possible to curve the track slightly beyond the goods shed to take it away from the station yard a bit without being too noticeable?

Edited by Donington Road

• RMweb Premium

At the rate you're going you'll be finished by Christmas. This Christmas!

Very pleased that 2014 has ended well for you, Andy, after all the stress and problems earlier in the year. Looking forward to visiting!

Jeff

• Like 1

Amazing what some people can achieve to do in an hour all whilst drinking tea and biscuits :scratchhead:

Is it possible to curve the track slightly beyond the goods shed to take it away from the station yard a bit without being too noticeable?

Hi Mick. I tried that with a earlier point and it didn't look right at all IMO.

post-9335-0-60908100-1419174856_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

At the rate you're going you'll be finished by Christmas. This Christmas!

Very pleased that 2014 has ended well for you, Andy, after all the stress and problems earlier in the year. Looking forward to visiting!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, and I'm looking forward to seeing a few Lunesters and Old Bitonians down in the New Year.

• Like 3

I remember now, but I was thinking only perhaps about half that radius.  Left hand point instead of right hand in the above picture?

I know what you mean Mick, and I've tried that as well but cant find the picture right now, I have one somewhere, but it puts an S bend into the release road crossover.

I've also tried a Y Point, both from the template of the one I've just built and a Peco one, but both again looked wrong.

The only one that looks right is the one I've used, but as I say it just sticks out a bit, I might make a shorter one this evening with a slight curve in it and see how that fits in.

I know what you mean Mick, and I've tried that as well but cant find the picture right now, I have one somewhere, but it puts an S bend into the release road crossover.

I've also tried a Y Point, both from the template of the one I've just built and a Peco one, but both again looked wrong.

The only one that looks right is the one I've used, but as I say it just sticks out a bit, I might make a shorter one this evening with a slight curve in it and see how that fits in.

Looks to me like it just needs less curve coming out of the goods shed using the same right hand point or possibly a 'Y'.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 1