HI All

I rerally enjoyed my Xmas dinner, we had some nice "Pigs in Blankets". My wife informed me that they were from Bodgit's Sausage and Pie Shed in Bitton.

Hope you all have had a good Xmas.

My order of "Bitton pigs in blankets" failed to arrive. :O  :O :o  

Morning Guys, no work in the Potting Shed for a few days yet, although I have some plans for next week and it could involve Copydex.

I will be back on here tomorrow or maybe even tonight.

Cheers Guys and Gals and have a good Boxing Day, I know I will.

• Like 2

Evening all, very quiet on here which is good, as tomorrow I will be making a start on the next phase, and that will waken things up a bit and encourage normal service to be resumed after the Christmas Break.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Duncan, and if your at Stafford I will probably be on my old Deesdale Road, but let me know as I might not be there both days, George T will probably be with me as well. 

Hi Andy and George T ... will hopefully look forward to you both running Deesdale Road at Stafford.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 3

Snowing fairly hard here in Swad since about 4pm and so not venturing out into the Shed tonight, I'm glad its a fair way off the ground as the Snow has been laying, its all in the planning you see, hahaha.

• Like 4

Hi Andy and George T ... will hopefully look forward to you both running Deesdale Road at Stafford.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter, looks like you'll need to get us all booked into a Hotel mate. Have you seen out of your window, ahhaha

Morning Guys, I've been in the Potting Shed this morning after sweeping away the Snow from the door, all's well in there and no dampness so I'm happy with that.

I had to pack a parcel to send off but the Car was still covered in frozen Snow about 4 inches thick over the windscreen, so I caught the Bus to the Post Office, glad I've got my Bus Pass, hahaha.

I'm off out into the PS again after coffee, catch up again later.

• Like 10

Well an Hour outside and I have laid the foam ready for the track. On top there is a couple of sheets of 9mm Ply and a sheet of 6mm ply, to cover the whole length and then LOADS of rubbish to hold it all down. I'll leave it till Monday now as we have company coming up from the South Coast tomorrow.

I have used the 50/50 mix of Copydex and its gone down well.

post-9335-0-90735000-1419684242_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89958900-1419684247_thumb.jpg

Back again later.

• Like 14

Well an Hour outside and I have laid the foam ready for the track. On top there is a couple of sheets of 9mm Ply and a sheet of 6mm ply, to cover the whole length and then LOADS of rubbish to hold it all down. I'll leave it till Monday now as we have company coming up from the South Coast tomorrow.

I have used the 50/50 mix of Copydex and its gone down well.

attachicon.gifFirst Foam 001.JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Foam 002.JPG

Back again later.

You're not meant to drink the copydex it's to hold the foam down :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

That would certainly explain the non arrival :jester:  :jester:

Morning Guys, I've been in the Potting Shed this morning after sweeping away the Snow from the door, all's well in there and no dampness so I'm happy with that.

I had to pack a parcel to send off but the Car was still covered in frozen Snow about 4 inches thick over the windscreen, so I caught the Bus to the Post Office, glad I've got my Bus Pass, hahaha.

I'm off out into the PS again after coffee, catch up again later.

Hi Duncan

They may arrive by New Years day :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

As you do not seem to have any trains running yet, despite your railway thread being one hundred and forty eight pages long, I have had to figure out what to do with the men as they still cannot go on leave.  This Christmas to divert their attention we all went on a military training exercise. What fun we all had. Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da and Corporal, whatever his name was, commanded the enemy with wonderful zest. I think the recruits learnt a lot form being at war with them.

Captain De’ath the medical officer was quite pleased as he only had to hospitalise 3 men with broken bones, 2 with “trench foot” and all of number 6 platoon with food poisoning. Staff Sergeant Burns (formally Aldershot Cement Company) claims it was a rotten batch of sausages supplied from Bodgit’s Sausage and Pie Shed in Bitton. I do not believe him as the “Pigs in Blankets” we ate in the officers mess tent on Christmas Day were lovely.

Captain Nearly Poshname, not a bad chap for a grammar school boy, and the sergeant major are still out trying to find the six men who went missing on the map reading skills test, on Tuesday. Which brings me back to my driver and office clerk, Cfn Mortimore, yet again on our night drive he let me follow a crease on the map. He did not inform me that it was not a road. He then tried to say had I not sat on the map when I got in the Land Rover it would not have got creased. Well if he had moved it from the seat I had placed it on then it would not have been sat on.

I think the men enjoyed the Christmas day service, it was a sight to see as the men sang carols from their trenches while standing in six inches of water. What a stirring sermon Captain Blessed, the padre gave remembering the Christmas 100 years ago when the men on both sides climbed out their trenches to play football.

On our return the Quartermaster, God awful man, came up through the ranks, appeared to be happy for once. I have been informed it was because he could charge the men for the equipment they lost. For once I agree with the man. There cannot be gaps on the shelves of the stores when I go to inspect them.  I will make sure the sergeant major gets them to pay for all the missing items.

You may have noticed that I have not mentioned Sergeant Shoutalot, well the sergeant major had this wonderful idea that we would leave him at the barracks in charge of the rear party. I must say we had a quiet Christmas without him.

I do wish you would hurry up and get some trains running so my men can go on leave. We are running out of ideas what to do with them.

Yours

Lt. Colonel La de Da Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 5

Hello Andy.

Things are starting to take shape l see, are all the points built now ??

George

Hi George, yes all the points are built, gapped and electrically tested as I said the other day I will be ready to lay track in the New Year.

Really cant wait now to see some action other that bare timber.

• Like 8

Dear Mr Peters

I do wish you would hurry up and get some trains running so my men can go on leave. We are running out of ideas what to do with them.

Yours

Lt. Colonel La de Da Poshname

Beware of false intentions Andy, I spied his men from afar yesterday with some sort of fighting machines like these   cut_the_grass_smiley4.gif

I wouldn't normally grass on them, but keep an eye out once you've got the track down.

• Like 1

Morning Andy,

Struggling to catch up and haven't posted much due to having picked up some sort of nasty bug!

Keep up the steady progress mate, and I'll try to look in later to check out the 'major work' you mentioned yesterday!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Andy,

Struggling to catch up and haven't posted much due to having picked up some sort of nasty bug!

Keep up the steady progress mate, and I'll try to look in later to check out the 'major work' you mentioned yesterday!

Kind regards,

Jock.

To much Chilled Champagne me thinks, :O  stick to a hot totty from now on. :no:

All the best to you and Joanna.

• Like 1