Afternoon Andy,

I know you've already made your mind up where you intend to use elevation/cant on your layout but there is an interesting image in 'Cornwall Today' P95 #2358 by Shane 'Padstow' - it shows a train on a curve with a reasonable degree of lean and a crossover incorporated in the bend! I seem to remember the subject arising earlier in your thread and hope you or your followers find it interesting. I have, if I ever get that far, to accommodate such a configuration in what would be the last module of Hurlford, where the two track Darvel branch curves past the shed and in to Barleith halt and so I'm pleased it would seem possible - might even call for some hand building of track though, and that still SCARES me!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Jock

If you want some track building (but don't ask for slips - I haven't built any yet!) send me some bits and I'll do them for you (can only do copperclad) : I love making track!

Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If you want to do such things as a crossover in canted track I suggest it will be very difficult on a flat board.

Andy are you trying to get me into trouble? Taking young lady artists up to the train room :nono: :nono:

Don

On the subject of cant, I used a Tillig product which was laid underneath my Depron underlay. This cants each track individually.  Of course the whole width of trackbed can be twisted, which would aid any crossover being laid. In real life both forms exist and often very close together, either side of Freshford for example.

• Like 1

Hello Mate, 

Really looking good, but l think that door handle may cause some problems ??

George

Cheers Mate, (EDIT = and Duncan)  its actually further away than it looks, but the lifting section will need to be removed to walk in and out anyway.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Nice work area there, Andy. Plenty of natural light.

Nothing like that in the KL2 bunker, unfortunately.

The den looks more and more like a nice place to hide away from the world each time I look at it!

Jeff

The den looks more and more like a nice place to hide away from the world each time I look at it!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, yes the natural light is nice, especially when detailing Locos,  but the Sun will only ever come in directly after about 7pm in high summer but it been warm in there this afternoon.

• Like 5

Jeff

A right proper man cave, yeah I'm jealous :jester:

That old sectional garage just wouldn't have cut the mustard however much you'd tried to patch it up and insulate it. :declare:

A right proper man cave, yeah I'm jealous :jester:

That old sectional garage just wouldn't have cut the mustard however much you'd tried to patch it up and insulate it. :declare:

Hi Mick, I couldn't agree more, I was looking back at the Carbuncle pics the other day and really please that I sold enough bits to fund the Potting Shed, and do it properly.

Cheers Mick.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon I've been out in the Potting Shed, but not doing any more of the jobs on yesterdays list.

Instead I decided I need to get rid of some of the timber sitting on the Storage Yard side of the room and looking a mess.

So taking a 6ft x 2ft board, I marked out the area I needed to cut away for daylight over the work bench.

It was then cut away and the perimeter edging added, I still need to do the cross bracing underneath on another day.

attachicon.gifFiddle Yard Board 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifFiddle Yard Board 1 002.JPG

Enjoyed the visit  ... watching a craftsman at work.  Careful now, you said you would take it easy and let Lee do the woodwork!

Peter

Enjoyed the visit  ... watching a craftsman at work.  Careful now, you said you would take it easy and let Lee do the woodwork!

Peter

Indeed I did young man, but I just wanted to have a go, I'm glad I did, and its looking good, but I'll leave the others now for a while.

Good to see you today, cheers for coming around.

Edited by Andrew P

Peter

Have to agree with Peter. Got to have you fit to attend Stafford

Morning Guys, a quiet day today I think, off to Mums for an Hour and then Walk the Dog, then take down the Christmas decorations, so I may go into the Potting Shed this evening.

Been out there this morning to have another look at the Up Platform, and that's fine, as is the new board so very happy with yesterdays jobs. 

More later I hope.

• Like 7

Hello Andy.

Thanks for the 10 point plan on BSG very helpful, l do like the way you are building 'Bitton' very slowly its so easy to over do it as you well know, so little and often will get the best results in the end ?

George

Evening George and Polly, yes slow movement on Bitton which I find very frustrating compared to progress on previous builds like Loch Leven and Glen Roy etc, but I know it'll be well worth it come this time next year, well I hope so at least, ahhaha

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening George and Polly, yes slow movement on Bitton which I find very frustrating compared to progress on previous builds like Loch Leven and Glen Roy etc, but I know it'll be well worth it come this time next year, well I hope so at least, ahhaha

Evening, Andy.

Just think.  You'll be able to  s a v o u r  every minute.

Then you'll find something you didn't know and that will lead to something else and before you know it you'll be having excitement and enjoyment 10-fold because you've got time for it.  One speaking without a bit of track down...yet.  :jester:

• Like 3

Evening, Andy.

Just think.  You'll be able to  s a v o u r  every minute.

Then you'll find something you didn't know and that will lead to something else and before you know it you'll be having excitement and enjoyment 10-fold because you've got time for it.  One speaking without a bit of track down...yet.  :jester:

Polly, I think I've already found that something else and it involves Track, lots of lovely home made Track.

But more of that much later.

BTW, Can I have a Play on Camel Quay at Stafford if I bring my own Prairie Tank please?

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1