RMweb

Hi Guys,

As for posting links etc with IE, what I do is I type out the message normally, then switch the "BBCode mode" switch in the top left of the tool bar. I then paste any links etc into my post, pictures, youtube, etc and then switch the "BBCode mode" switch back and place any emoticons where I need them.

I'm not sure if it will help any. Hover the cursor over the switch to find which one.

Jinty ;-)

Great tip Jinty.  That does work here using Internet Explorer.  It also embeds YouTube videos in the post, that is the YouTube player itself. :locomotive:

On the otherhand I will keep using FireFox because IMO IE is the biggest load of :stinker:  out there.

Great tip Jinty.  That does work here using Internet Explorer.  It also embeds YouTube videos in the post, that is the YouTube player itself. :locomotive:

On the otherhand I will keep using FireFox because IMO IE is the biggest load of :stinker:  out there.

Afternoon Guys, I've wired up the two points on the Goods Loop and the one for the Cattle Dock / Goods release road, and tested with some stock and all seems fine, The crossover rom the Down Main and the Goods Loop Exit Point are coded as 1 so they work together, and  I will do the same with both the Goods release Points as well.

I'm hoping to do a Video after Lunch and a snooze in the Chair and then I can try uploading it the way that Jinty has tried to explain.

Then its just ONE MORE POINT to lay and wire, (the one at the end of the Goods Shed Road for the release), quite sad really as I'm enjoying the slow and steady way of doing it, BUT if and when I get a Lever Frame, or decide to do a control panel the I will need to re wire the Point feeds to it so that's something else to think about later.

• Like 4

Jinty Shunting on Bitton, I hope it works this time, there's still some fine tuning to do but at least the Layout works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4jMTfbmq6Y&feature=youtu.be

EDIT = OBVIOUSLY NOT.

YOU MAY NEED TO RIGHT CLICK AND OPEN to play Video

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I am glad you have been enjoying the trackwork side but I am sure you get round to adding the scenics you will get just as inspired. It is really coming together now.

Don

Andy, open up your video and below the film is the word 'share'.  Click on that and you will see a code highlighted in blue.  Copy that code and just paste it in your post.  Just a reminder of the post I made earlier on how to do it….:-)

Forgot to say, it looks great!  You can't beat hand built pointwork…..:-)

Edited by gordon s

Andy, open up your video and below the film is the word 'share'.  Click on that and you will see a code highlighted in blue.  Copy that code and just paste it in your post.  Just a reminder of the post I made earlier on how to do it….:-)

We are going round in circles Gordon.  For some users of Internet Explorer, and that includes Andy, it does not work.  There is a problem at RMweb with the use of IE,

If you read on from your post 4265 on page 171 all should become clear.

Edited by Donington Road

Forgot to say, it looks great!  You can't beat hand built pointwork…..:-)

Thanks Gordon, I did try but as Mick (Donniongton Road) say's some of us have it and some don't, ahhahha

Cheers anyway and glad you like it, as I say there's still some fettling to be done but at least I know it works and all the Points throw ok.

• Like 3

Hi Andy,

I have tried the above and it worked ok, so, if you don't mind, and you accept that I'm not trying to be condescending in any way, I can run you through it, step by step with screenshots.

Firstly, I have 2 windows open, 1 on RMWeb on the thread I'm posting in, the other on Youtube on the video I want to post, in this case, yours. PS: Love the title, "Jinty shunting............", and I've never been to Bitton!!!!!

Starting with the youtube window, start the video and then click on the 'SHARE' button.

post-14906-0-83015700-1422038008.png

You will get the following in that particular area on the screen.

post-14906-0-75615800-1422038062_thumb.jpg

You need to right click on the highlighted text that's shown, and select 'COPY'

You then need to go back to the RMWeb thread that you wish to post in, and select 'Reply with attachments' in the bottom RH part of the screen.

You will then get the reply box up, and in the top LH corner of the reply box you should see this:

post-14906-0-37657500-1422038274_thumb.jpg

If you then click on the button, the toolbar will change slightly leaving only that switch useable, as shown below:

post-14906-0-82899700-1422038369_thumb.jpg

When you've written your message, and you wish to place your Youtube link, just select a fresh line, right click, and select paste, the hyperlink should then appear.

Once this is done, you can then re switch the top LH corner button and insert smilies, etc.

I hope this helps you Andy, in some way at least. And I look forward to seeing some teriffic videos as you progress.

Kindest Regards

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

Trying again but this tIme with a Trebudoc Video Part 1, to see Part 2 go to Andy Peters You Tube.

So here goes Jinty I'm trying it now, (Oh and by the way, your NOT condescending at all, any help is appreciated, and believe me, I need a LOT of help).

:O

Yippie whooopie whatsits its ONLY GONE AND WORKED.

Cheers Jinty and ALL :sungum:  :sungum: :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :locomotive:  

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I am writing to you to inform you that Sergeant Shoutalot will be with you soon. I am sorry for the delay but the Quatermaster, God awful man, came up through the ranks, issued Sergeant Shoutalot with the map that Mortimore let me sit on. The very same one with the crease on it. It appears that Sergeant Shoutalot was also following the crease thinking it was short cut to Bitton. Thankfully Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da has sent corporal whatever his name was to find where they had gone.

Captain De'ath, RAMC doctor, has informed me that you will not need so many carriages for the men as some will not be going on leave as he has to put them in hospital due to exhaustion.

Yours

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

PS Both Captain Nearlyposhname, not a bad chap for a grammar school boy, and the Sergeant Major recommend cotton wool for your ears when Sergeant Shoutalot arrives.

post-16423-0-64418600-1422053359_thumb.png

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

I'll give it another try.

http://youtu.be/d4jMTfbmq6Y

My Google goes there at once. (Haven't tried my IE but it was fine in the past)

I enjoyed the video. The steam loco without sound is fine by me. (I know, I'm labouring the point :blush:) More importantly from my perspective, the couplings look much better than I anticipated. Previously, I'd not seen them used in quantity on UK stock. 'Way to go for me. :)

Hal.

• Like 1

Morning all, Dee's in Portsmouth for a few Days, and I'm taking our Greyhound back to the Rescue Centre this morning for her nails to be done and a run in the Paddock, then its back and on with the Layout later.

Lee should be up after lunch and we hope to get the dowels in the three Storage Yard boards and if there's time make up the end Scenic board which is basically the four side and the three cross bracings.

But with the end board we have to work out a way of aligning it and securing it as it is different to the others in that it has to slide between the outer boards.

Back with some more pics and possibly another Video later.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

Another fun day then Andy.

Will that be the circuit complete once track is down on those sections.?

Don

Hi Don, No not yet a while, I want to lay the Storage Yard but as and when Lee can get up we will work out the Lift Out section, that will be a longer and more detailed job thatn all the other boards so were not rushing into doing that until we know just what were going to do.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Don, No not yet a while, I want to lay the Storage Yard but as and when Lee can get up we will work out the Lift Out section, that will be a longer and more detailed job thatn all the other boards so were not rushing into doing that until we know just what were going to do.

Still you have been used to running end to end :jester: You will soon be running round in circles :nono:

Don

Well after making a right old mess.

attachicon.gifEnd Scenic Board 001.JPG

We managed to get the end Scenic board into position.

attachicon.gifEnd Scenic Board 002.JPG

And its starting to look quite good.

attachicon.gifEnd Scenic Board 003.JPG

Time for a coffee and then a good tidy up before Jeff, (Binney) comes around later for a coffee and Doughnut.

Lee's back again tomorrow.

That looks like home from home in there :senile:

You can always tell when you've got the professional builders in by the sight of the ubiquitous milk crate. :jester: