• RMweb Gold

Now that is a good test of trackwork backing a long freight across the slip into the yard. Done all the time in the old days but not so common on models. Lovely stuff and full marks on the trackwork.

Don

Edited by Donw

Now that is a good test of trackwork backing a long freight across the slip into the yard. Done all the time in the old days but not so common on models. Lovely stuff and full marks on the trackwork.

Don

Hi Don , Cheers mate, yes its running well, and will need to be done with the Coals and also with a Van Train back into the Shed so that will be the next test once that bit is wired up.

More Video in a day or so.

• Like 2

Hi Andy

I am sure the Blackie was more fun to drive than one of those blue boxes :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Hi Clive, it was quite good actually, not as smooth as a Blue Box but quite nice I suppose, hahhhaa.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Polly, I hope you have a good Show, I'm looking forward to seeing Camel Quay.

Looking forward to seeing you, Andy.  We'll have to see Deesdale, too, although I expect that'll be before they open the doors to the rest of the world.

Back on Topic, Although I find Lorries fascinating I have quite a fleet of BR ones ready for Bitton Yard.

attachicon.gifMince Pie Nov 2014 005.JPG

attachicon.gifMince Pie Nov 2014 036.JPG

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 018.JPG

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 026.JPG

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 031.JPG

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 048.JPG

I will be doing some more Steam era Video over the next couple of days so keep an eye out for that, and also some Blue Period stuff as well, BUT NOT TOGETHER.

I hope to get Scenic board 1 Goods Release Point wired up next Monday if I can STOP PLAYING TRAINS LONG ENOUGH. :nono:  :nono:  Then its Platform 1 to complete.

I have some weathering to do for a Mate on Friday ready for Stafford if I have time, its some Western Region Steam and a Western so that will be a change.

I put the pics of todays weathering in my old Deesdale Road thread as the stock is for that this weekend.

Back to bed now, :O  :stinker:  :stinker:  :stinker:  I'm out all day today so more updates tonight.

Hi Andy

I'm really enjoying the great progress you are making with your layout.

In post #4405, by the Lotus Cortina and this post, 3rd and 5th photo, are the two goods sheds modified R-T-Plonk  or are they scratch built ? Either way they do look very good.

Regards, Chris

Edited by steaming_chris
  • Like 3

Hi Andy

I'm really enjoying the great progress you are making with your layout.

In post #4405, by the Lotus Cortina and this post, 3rd and 5th photo, are the two goods sheds modified R-T-Plonk  or are they scratch built ? Either way they do look very good.

Regards, Chris

Morning Chris, unfortunately I cant take credit for either of them, the first with the Lotus Cortina is pictured on my Glen Roy Layout, it has been scratch built from Plasticard with what appears to be Ratio widows etc. It is a copy of a Cardboard Metcalfe Kit with some minor alterations and I purchased it second hand from a local shop.

post-9335-0-88887600-1422606242_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82548800-1422606258_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39500400-1422606280_thumb.jpg

The second one is on our Clubs Layout and again is scratch built, this time it was based on the Hornby Magna Goods Shed and built by one of our Club members.

post-9335-0-82541600-1422606346_thumb.jpg

And this pic shows it during its construction.

post-9335-0-62368900-1422606659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 17

Here's a Black 5 on the Bitton Coals this evening.

YOU can't do that!!!! I almost had a heart attack, I only came along to check on how the club house was going.....no one warned me you might see actual rolling stock......actually rolling......be still my heart.......

Also liking the club layout, nice building.....

• Like 1

Here's a Black 5 on the Bitton Coals this evening.

Thoroughly enjoyed that! I do prefer steam with no sound.

Talking about sound, it was interesting to hear a radio/sumfink-else in the background. I rather liked it. Obviously not a sound-track as such, but I'm curious about how Youtube's copyright law (which is tight) applies to something like this. I'd like to play faint 60s stuff with mine, but when does the rule kick-in? Curious...

Hal

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed that! I do prefer steam with no sound.

Talking about sound, it was interesting to hear a radio/sumfink-else in the background. I rather liked it. Obviously not a sound-track as such, but I'm curious about how Youtube's copyright law (which is tight) applies to something like this. I'd like to play faint 60s stuff with mine, but when does the rule kick-in? Curious...

Hal

Hi Hal, good question and I hadn't realised it was on until George mentioned it this morning because when I downloaded it I had the sound on the Flip Flop turned off.

• Like 4

Evening Bodge.

Must say the sound track in the background is much better than the awful chuff-chuff from the sound decoder ?  hahaha, getting ready for Stafford all things are packed and ready to go, need some more RES stuff locos and stock.....speak later

George

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 2

Evening Bodge.

Must sat the sound track in the background is much better than the awful chuff-chuff from the sound decoder ?  hahaha, getting ready for Stafford all things are packed and ready to go, need some more RES stuff locos and stock.....speak later

George

Hope you all have a great time, due to family commitments we can't make ;(. Which is a shame 'cos several people including yourselves Another, Southern42 will be, and it would have been great to meet up. It would have been especially nice to have met Polly not having done so before. Still there is sure to be another chance.

Hope you all have a great time, due to family commitments we can't make ;(. Which is a shame 'cos several people including yourselves Another, Southern42 will be, and it would have been great to meet up. It would have been especially nice to have met Polly not having done so before. Still there is sure to be another chance.

Have to agree with you Jaz although mine are work commitments

• RMweb Gold

Evening Bodge.

Must sat the sound track in the background is much better than the awful chuff-chuff from the sound decoder ?  hahaha, getting ready for Stafford all things are packed and ready to go, need some more RES stuff locos and stock.....speak later

George

Looking forward to seeing you George.  Cheers, Peter.  PS No steam but ?lots of sound at Stafford.  PBB

• Like 2

Evening Bodge.

George

Hi Mate, a nice RES 47 for you will be good news, if there's two, well you never know.

See you in the morning mate.

Have to agree with you Jaz although mine are work commitments

Hi Jaz / Duncan, shame you guys wont be there.

Another time / another day.

I wonder while Andy is away with Deesdale Road at Stafford if he is having sausages for his lunch?

Hi Clive,

I don't think he was having sausages when I saw him but WAS eating every time I saw him! :jester:

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Sorry for blowing you up re: stuffing your face but its true.

Great to see you again and to meet Peter(BB) for the first time. You both looked quite content pottering along on Deesdale Road, we had good laugh with you today and thanks for the addition to the fleet which will be in service once reverted to analogue. Until our next encounter, possibly Derby? Look after yourself!

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

Sorry for blowing you up re: stuffing your face but its true.

Great to see you again and to meet Peter(BB) for the first time. You both looked quite content pottering along on Deesdale Road, we had good laugh with you today and thanks for the addition to the fleet which will be in service once reverted to analogue. Until our next encounter, possibly Derby? Look after yourself!

Cheers Mike, it was great to see you and your entourage today, and NO I wasn't eating, I was just starting a re cycling process with a Cheese Sandwich, ahha. 

Hope the Loco is all O.K. for you, remember its was the start of my Steam Loco Weathering in Railway Modeller.

• Like 3

In Andy's favour I can say that he wasn't eating any of the three times that I saw him today.

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you Mike.

Hi Ray, great to see you today, hope you had a good journey home and didn't spend to much today.