My Laser Cutting workbench and my odyssey in model buildings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Very nice!

I was wondering when you would see the pallet.

By the way, have you ever thought of building a working Forklift truck?

Kev.

(Hat, coat, gone...)

• 3 weeks later...

Inspired by the old warehouses on Ipswich Quay, and the Bury St Edmunds Model Railway clubs S7 dock scene layout, I've come up with a modular warehouse system based on small modules that can be mixed and matched together to create a low relief warehouse scene. The architecture of the particularly building I've seen lends itself very well for a modular design. The brick detailing hiding the joins conveniently.

Warehouse Modules.pdfpost-1485-0-11507500-1494856709_thumb.jpegpost-1485-0-67703300-1494856730_thumb.jpegpost-1485-0-01358900-1494856755_thumb.jpegpost-1485-0-31656400-1494856784_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

A little bit of Southern Comfort coming off the drawing board today. I love these Art Deco buildings that the Southern Railway company, full of optimism, built in the 1930's.

This is a monster of a signal box. Centrally heated with modern staff facilities of the day, these were cutting edge both architecturally and with the staff provisions they provided.

post-1485-0-83144100-1495016081_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a close up on the details my kits include;

post-1485-0-47578000-1496652765_thumb.jpg

I'm particular pleased with how the angled bricks come out. The victorian architecture made huge use of these features in their buildings. 

• Like 4

In the Sun !

Will it be a Page 3 feature ?  :jester:

Joking apart it does look an excellent representation, may I ask, how do you deal the interlocking corners when painting ? I only ask because I find there is extra work needed to blend them in to get a more realistic finish with laser cut models. ( Not a criticism just a question )

In the Sun !

Will it be a Page 3 feature ?  :jester:

Joking apart it does look an excellent representation, may I ask, how do you deal the interlocking corners when painting ? I only ask because I find there is extra work needed to blend them in to get a more realistic finish with laser cut models. ( Not a criticism just a question )

If you glue the corners square, no extra work is needed!

But I cut the mortar course deep so a little wet and dry won't rub away the engraving if any dressing of the corners is needed. 

Before and after painting.

post-1485-0-61474900-1497004742_thumb.jpg

post-1485-0-82145200-1497004757_thumb.jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...

I made this a while ago as a test of an idea for a larger shed. A few people have asked me for these so the last few weeks I've been busy making sure it is a buildable kit. Based on GWR plans it has been reduced in size to fit the space the original commission required but that has actually made it a useable building for the space most modellers in our scale actually have.

img_2438-jpg.76720

A bit of modernisation has seen the old doors removed and replaced with a modern roller shutter door. I expect the other facilities are little changed from the late 19th century with grime wash and toilet facilities....

post-1485-0-33388100-1499367115_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

I think my mind is seriously blown.

Your buildings look overly realistic and that is before you have painted them. The painted red one - I would like to eat it.

What file types does your cutter understand?

Splendid results, truly. :)

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 1

I think my mind is seriously blown.

Your buildings look overly realistic and that is before you have painted them. The painted red one - I would like to eat it.

What file types does your cutter understand?

Splendid results, truly. :)

Thank you for your kind comments. I prefer dxf files but I can work from pdf as well.

• Like 1