The future for 7mm

steve fay

• RMweb Premium

David Smith, IsambardUK of this parish, in his article in the November 2014 edition of the Gauge 0 Gazette about modifying the Ixion Hudswell Clarke describes it as a "Ready-to-run kit".  I think Paul Martin at EDM/NG Trains treats the Fowler diesel similarly. Hmmm...

Well you can please some of the people......etc etc etc..........Hey! At least it comes with wheels, motor and transfers! ;)

Guest Isambarduk

"Well you can please some of the people ..."

Well, it certainly pleased me ... but then it pleased me even more once I started working on it .... and, because I worked on it, I expect that it pleases me now as much as other models please their owners who did little or no work on them; that's where the satisfaction is for me, whether it runs or not (which it has done a few times, as it happens).

David

• RMweb Premium

My comment was not aimed at you David, just a general theme seems to be emerging that we all like slightly different things from the hobby.......I like nothing more than after unpacking a Heljan loco for example, taking it apart and fiddling with it, detailing the cab, weathering, fettling and installing sound and maybe upgrading the lights.

Just kits which have been test assembled for us then eh? :D

Archived