Guest Centurion

Though I expect there is a reason, and I might be reading it wrong...but if you look at the polls of what people wanted it doesn't seem to tally up with what's in the mag. According to the poll that 4 top layouts were Bacup, Little Bytham, Westerham, and Warren Lane. Did the owner of Westerham not get his homework done in time :nono:

What happened to "Were they really that colour?" Top of the oddments poll but not mentioned? If stubby was the editor...where is the "toilet" article???? :jester:

Not bothered either way, it's always a good read regardless and this is an original approach. I was looking through my stack of older BRMs other day, it's amazing how different it is to the new style (the new being heaps better obviously!)

I haven't seen any of the DVDs mind you, I can't help but think they would have similar production values to the old "caravan show" that used to be on cable, having said that I did watch the Jason Shron interview,. it was funny, and not as "caravany" as I thought it might be. :O

How long will this issue be available for? As I'm coming to the UK at the end of the month and would love to pick up a copy.

The November issue goes on sale in the shops on 9 October according the current issue. Obviously, previous months digital editions can be bought at any time after publication date.

What happened to "Were they really that colour?" Top of the oddments poll but not mentioned? If stubby was the editor...where is the "toilet" article???? :jester:

Hi,

Both of them are in there, the "Were they really that colour?" Is listed under the Prototype Interest: Locomotive Colours in Bens original thread and the "Toliet Article" is listed as A Gentlemens Restroom - an interesting diorama.

Stu's Loo is in there, it was being photographed as part of our Guest Editor Day!

The reason for the change in layouts is because the poll was all 'OO' layouts and if you read Stubbys account of the day (http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1535/entry-14716-stubby47-at-brm/ ), he mentions the need for balance of an issue, so the inclusion of Apa Park gives that balance of 'N' and 'OO'

No fear, Westerham will appear in a future issue!

Simon

Sorry to Ben and the usual team, but this issue is the best in a long while in my opinion (I've only got the digital version). The content is all very good with some excellent articles (particularly the NR article and the piece about colours), photography is brilliant and the range of interests covered is again excellent. This is the first issue I've read cover to cover, and can't wait to read again because there is plenty of easy reading information which is well written and conveyed.

Massive well done to everyone involved with this issue, including the guest editors who did a great job.

Sorry to Ben and the usual team, but this issue is the best in a long while in my opinion (I've only got the digital version). The content is all very good with some excellent articles (particularly the NR article and the piece about colours), photography is brilliant and the range of interests covered is again excellent. This is the first issue I've read cover to cover, and can't wait to read again because there is plenty of easy reading information which is well written and conveyed.

Massive well done to everyone involved with this issue, including the guest editors who did a great job.

I've been buying railway mags less of late, but after reading this review I'll be off down to the shops for this one asap. :)

• Moderators

Any word when the dvd will be available for download?

Counting the days till the DVD lands digitally ☺

Gentlemen, the October 2014 digital 'BRM TV' content is now ready to view. Remember it's just 99p!

The 40-minute video, filmed at the recent Bachmann open day, includes the following content:

•         Gilbert Barnatt’s authentic OO gauge representation of ‘Peterborough North’

•         We take a look at the exciting, new and upcoming products from the Bachmann Open Day

•         Phil Parker on various construction methods for laser-cut kits

•         Howard Smith fits LED carriage lighting

•         We revisit Ian Mellors’ layout ‘Summat Colliery’

(Please note: An internet connection is required to stream video content) 

Happy viewing and as always, we welcome your views!

Howard

• RMweb Premium

Collected my copy from the local newsagents this morning, I have only flicked through but it looks like a great issue. Well done to all those concerned...

To be honest its quite humbling to share the issue with such excellence...

On the strength of the table of contents, I decided to subscribe to the electronic edition for a year. However, the only issue that's showing up in my queue is the Track Plans and Layout Design supplement. (Brilliant, by the way.) 

Is the October issue not included in my subscription because it's already considered a back issue? 

Best regards,

Fred

I do believe someone is trying to whip up hysteria again.

Chris

I don't see any hysteria Chris; it's a list of what's in the mag and there genuinely is some great content in there so I think it's a bit off to try and make an offhand comment.

Oh dear.  My attempt at levity has fallen flat.  I congratulate those who spotted that and apologise to everyone else.

My copy arrived yesterday.  Thanks to some dodgy eyedrops last month I'm a bit behind with my reading but I shall take it with me to my hotel room before arriving at RMweb live on Sunday with tail between legs.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Gentlemen, the October 2014 digital 'BRM TV' content is now ready to view. Remember it's just 99p!

Happy viewing and as always, we welcome your views!

Howard

I may have Friday afternoon syndrome, but I cannot find the video on model-railways-live or the pocketmags site.

Well I had to buy this one. Love Bacup & there are even some other interesting articles in there. Lol. Great idea the Shakespeare cup. Glad you shoehorned that into the back page. A fitting tribute. Well done to all involved in this issue! 

Best issue in ages, due in no small part to the contributions from the RMweb folk. Bacup is excellent, a real stunner. The article on railway colours was very interesting, and Tony Wright's Little Bytham never looked better than with a proper LNER A4 hauling a train of superbly weathered teak coaches behind it, perfect!

Archived