network rail vehicles

As in the standard 3 seat cab tipper, but do you want twin rear wheels or single, also do you want network rail or a plain colour?

Would be possible, not to difficult.attachicon.gif20140907_145718.jpg

Hi,

Yes the standard 3 seat cab is what I am after. Twin rear wheels would be preferred, but not essential. I would like it to be Network Rail livery, however plain white is fine as I can easily add decals myself.

Looking at the photos that Merf has posted, I would prefer the rear to be similar to the last pic with the tailgate.

Kind regards

Chris

The oxford model is the straight forward car carrying bed, I would think that the network rail van has a solid floor and if you look at the picture it has three dropside including one at the rear above the slope. I would imagine these are for carrying a small rail mounted trolley and if so do they have a winch mounted on the headboard?

• RMweb Premium

The oxford model is the straight forward car carrying bed, I would think that the network rail van has a solid floor and if you look at the picture it has three dropside including one at the rear above the slope. I would imagine these are for carrying a small rail mounted trolley and if so do they have a winch mounted on the headboard?

It would be quite easy to fit floors and sides to it. Some people have simply replaced the cab with a more modern example, often using the RM/RAC van cab as mentioned above.

Its about time oxford produced the low roof short wheelbase transit in plain white, however I believe there are no plans for this at the moment so I will have to aquire some more RM/RAC models. I think the RAC is looking most likley then I will have some light bars for the spares box.

Some more rail company vehicles, NOT network rail though. First up is a 17 tonne scania tanker based on a photo I found however the real vehicle is a DAF . This was built using a carama demountable recovery wagon,, I removed the rear bodywork and added the tank from an old herpa tanker found in the scrap box. I also added the pipe runs which were made from strips of plastic then added paint and transfers. Last was to add the hoses from some yellow wire.post-13362-0-66467900-1410368326_thumb.jpg

Second vehicle is a 7.5 tonner which is a could have been. It was built using a carama 1/80th scale merc which I then fitted it onto a scrap carama chassis. I added the body which was built using a pair of white metal curtain sides from an old Model Bus Company kit, the rear doors are knightwing and the rest of the body was built from plastic sheet. The cab roof wind deflector was from herpa also found in the scrap box. Paint and transfers finished it off.post-13362-0-41061000-1410370437_thumb.jpg

I got some many years ago from Roco as a seperate detail part. You get 2 in a pack. I got some other hiabs from Kibri, many years ago they made a kit for an artic loaded with hiabs. It had about 6 on the trailer as a load. You can also get Atlas cranes and hiabs from Herpa as add on detail parts.

Hi Simon,

Have you seen or have any pictures of a NR Arctic? I am looking to see if one exists for reference to an upcoming project.

Thanks

Matthew

Matt,

I'm afraid I haven't, as there's only one for the whole country, it won't have been photographed much, but I'll have a look when I'm in the office on Tuesday for some photos and I'll have a look when I'm travelling!

Simon

• 1 month later...

A couple a pieces of plant next. First a Liebherr excavater which is a standard schuco model with network rail logos added.attachicon.gif20140904_095718.jpg

Now we have a JCB Loadhaul, totally scratch built. The wheels are cast white metal from Langley models,the seat and stearing wheel I found in the scrap box. The rest is built from plastic sheet. The transfers were drawn on microsoft paint and printed by meattachicon.gif20140904_095733.jpg

Hi,

As lovely as they are, Network Rail don't have any construction vehicles, they are a maintenance company, and so we don't have the need to own Road Rail Plant, for major construction projects, contractors are used and they have their own plant, and they each have there own logos on them.

Simon

Amongst others, look for vehicles owned by Gamble (originally based in Hailsham, but now to be seen at a lot of locations); latterly taken over by Keltbray. This link has a lot of views of Keltbray plant:-

http://www.ontrackplant.com/road-railers/keltbray-rail

Then there's this firm:-

http://www.apwebbplanthire.co.uk/railexc.htm

and these:-

http://www.txmplant.co.uk/our-fleet/

whilst who could resist a firm with this name:-

http://www.shovlin.co.uk/index_2.htm

Archived