The Great Electric Train Show

Arrow_56

I absolutely agree and I left thinking I must have missed something.Not that fussed about the museum side of the show having a large one in my home City which is free to enter but I did recollect my childhood on stumbling across this beast on the way out. :no:

attachicon.gifDSCN4855.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN4856.jpg

Fabulous.

Its a tad too pink, my conveyance for Saturday was the yellow MGF parked near the front entrance, tasty, and yes the venue was hot apart from the room where Woodhead was you could feel the sharp Pennine wind due to the air con.

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

the venue was hot apart from the room where Woodhead was you could feel the sharp Pennine wind due to the air con.

Steve.

I wish we'd had aircon - I was in shorts on Sunday it was so warm... (but not as bad as Saturday when the shorts were back at the hotel..)

Chris

Really enjoyed the show, went on the Sunday and I guess I picked the right day as apart from a couple of hours early afternoon I never felt it was too crampled. Long haul from Far West Wales, a total of over nine hours of driving, but great to see layouts, I had only seen in the magazines before, in the flesh. Very difficult to pick a 'best of show' layout as there were probably at least half a dozen strong contenders, that's how good it was. Suppose the only negatives for me were a lack of NG layouts and continental stuff, but otherwise only the very cramped Skills area detracted from the show overall.

Anyway, I enjoyed the day, and would be minded to attend a similar one in future assuming the list of exhibiits etc was of interest. Well done to all that exhibited, nice to see some people behind the layouts making a real effort to chat to visitors, not always the case at large shows.

• RMweb Premium

Its a tad too pink, my conveyance for Saturday was the yellow MGF parked near the front entrance, tasty, and yes the venue was hot apart from the room where Woodhead was you could feel the sharp Pennine wind due to the air con.

Steve.

I parked behind you and left in unison then! Yellow MGF duly noticed!!!

I enjoyed the show, however I agree it was crowded with numerous pinch points. The heat left something to be desired too - turn the temperature down or up the air-conditioning with that number of people inside.

Would someone please post some views of Holcombe Brook and Tottington, as missed the electric units running on the layout?  I noticed them lurking in the stockbox.though.

I too enjoyed it, but have to agree with the comments about the heat on the Saturday late morning/lunchtime, cramped areas near Abbey Road and the skills area room was tight for space.

However I arrived at 10:30 and didn't leave till about 4pm and would go back again so clearly they're doing something right! Compared to other venues it really doesn't have much of a flow round it though which doesn't help, get them to knock a fee walls down?

Really liked seeing Snug End, Woodhead and had a good chat with legomanbiffo ( thanks for demo'ing the 25 and the tips on speakers). Oh and Lara Croft's Landy Defender (yes please - both her and the car...)

PS I don't remember seeing Lara Croft's defender, but Eve Moneypenny's was near the main entrance...

Lara Croft's was round to the right next to the yellow Judge Dredd taxi, not as far from the main entrance as FAB 1 though.

• RMweb Premium

RJS1977 at post 32 - what an absolutely superb collection of photographs! I have throughly enjoyed looking through them, as much as at the cars as at the model railways! I must go to Gaydon sometime. Many thanks for putting your photos on here - much appreciated.

John

Archived