MIlton Keynes Model Railway Exhibition, Feb 2015

ianbartlett

MKMRS is pleased to announce details of their 2015 exhibition which will take place as follows:

Date: Saturday 14 February, 2015

Time: 10am - 4.30pm

Location (please note new venue): Stantonbury Leisure Centre, Stantonbury, Milton Keynes, MK14 6BN

Admission: £5.00 adult, £3.50 children, £10.00 family (discounts offered if you travel by train and free connecting bus)

Website and ticket details: www.mkmrs.org.uk/exhibitions

The new venue offers more exhibition space within two large halls, so there should be less walking about between difference halls and corridors which we know some have found to be less than ideal in previous years!

Layouts and traders confirmed as attending are listed on the website above.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Ian

(MKMRS Secretary)

logo-transparent-200.png

• 2 months later...

ONLINE AND ADVANCE TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR MK 2015!

As well as 'on-the-door' tickets, we are offering online ticket sales this year for our Februay 14th 2015 exhibition via the WeGotTickets website. Click the image link below to purchase your ticket:

wgt-logo_buy_small.jpg

Alternatively, the sales site can be accessed via our own website at:

http://www.mkmrs.org.uk/exhibitions

and can be found under the TICKETS tab.

Advance tickets by post

If you prefer to have a physical ticket, we are also offering advance tickets by post until January 31st 2015. Basically, the process is as follows:

1) download and print out our booking form
2) complete number and type of tickets required
3) make out a cheque payable to 'Milton Keynes Model Railway Society' for the total amount
4) send completed form and cheque, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to our ticketing address
5) DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT: 31 January 2015

We're doing this as we've had a few requests for advance tickets and even for Christmas gifts.

Just to reassure you, we will still be selling tickets on the door, but we are offering advance sales for those who prefer to plan in advance.

Best wishes

Ian
MKMRS Secretary

• 1 month later...

Milton Keynes MRS held an open day on Monday ahead of the exhibition in a text book approach to drumming up support for the event. Local newspapers and radio stations were in attendance in addition to the city's mayor and MP to see the club's activities and meet the exhibition's organisers. It was particularly important to get the message out there as Ian has mentioned above that the exhibition is at a new venue this year - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Stantonbury,+Milton+Keynes+MK14+6BN/@52.061139,-0.774013,3a,75y,124.53h,94.55t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sUcLsyizYuGpnO-AmPxdfUQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x4877007fe495daa7:0x2921041cd633afc!5m1!1e1- the facilities look great and there's bags of parking.

From going to the how last year it's evident that this is a very successful show aimed at presenting the broad spectrum of the hobby and draws a lot of local support and I've never seen so many families at a show. A measure of the success is the record attendance for the show in 2014 with 2,300 visitors for the day.

The key points of the presentation for the exhibition are as follows:

Saturday 14 February 2015
New venue – Stantonbury Leisure Centre - MK14 6BN
Bigger than ever – more layouts and traders
Wide range of interests - serious modellers to children
Ride-on railway from MK Model Engineering Society
Great value day out: £10 families, £5 adult, £3 children
Tickets available now online
Support from Marston Vale CRP and London Midland

Good luck to everyone for a successful 2015!

• RMweb Premium

Only railway modellers could pick Valentines day!!

That said, I'll be down south and will attempt to attend, but I may have a more pressing engagement!

Mike.

I used to live on Stantonbury, I wonder If I could persuade SWMBO that a valentine trip to MK would be nice?

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks to go. Always a good exhibition, but please note a change of venue since last year.

This year it's at the

Stantonbury Leisure Centre (North Milton Keynes)

MK14 6BN

I've been to many events there with the Milton Keynes IPMS, a plastic scale modelling club.

That was when I was exhibiting scale aircraft models.

It'll be the first time I've met the old club members since last year when I was running my layout.

I moved to Dorset and am looking forward to going to meet friend & see a darned good exhibition.

Dad-1

2 weeks to go. Always a good exhibition, but please note a change of venue since last year.

This year it's at the

Stantonbury Leisure Centre (North Milton Keynes)

MK14 6BN

I've been to many events there with the Milton Keynes IPMS, a plastic scale modelling club.

That was when I was exhibiting scale aircraft models.

It'll be the first time I've met the old club members since last year when I was running my layout.

I moved to Dorset and am looking forward to going to meet friend & see a darned good exhibition.

Dad-1

Be nice to see you Geoff

Latest press release from the club:

Milton Keynes Model Railway Society (MKMRS) are holding their annual exhibition on Saturday 14th February 2015. This year, the club has chosen to host the show at Stantonbury Leisure Centre, Milton Keynes, MK14 6BN and doors will open at 10am until 4.30pm.

The new venue offers additional space which means that the show will feature more than 40 layouts and 35 trade stands. With the exhibition growing in popularity in recent years, the extra space available at Stantonbury Leisure Centre will offer greater comfort for visitors at the same price as last year’s show: only £5.00 for adults, £3.00 for children and £10.00 for a family group.

Discounts apply if you travel by rail and show your valid train ticket. Free bus services will operate from Milton Keynes Central and Bletchley rail stations.

MKMRS Exhibition Manager, Terry Silver said:

‘We are delighted that our exhibition has become a major event in the Milton Keynes area. We have been very impressed with the support we have received from everyone at Stantonbury Leisure Centre and look forward to what promises to be an excellent, great value family day out.’

Stantonbury Arts and Leisure Events Administrator, Vera Lowe, said:

‘The Milton Keynes Model Railway Exhibition has grown in popularity and is an ideal event for families, especially at the start of the school half term holiday period. We are delighted to be hosting MKMRS and look forward to welcoming visitors to our venue.’

Thanks for this Andy - much appreciated as always.

Also, just to add that our exhibition floorplan is available to download from our exhibition website at:

www.mkmrs.org.uk/exhibitions

Also, tickets are available for advanced purchase via WeGotTickets and can be accessed from the same page.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Ian

MKMRS Secretary

logo-transparent-200.png

Latest press release from the club:

Milton Keynes Model Railway Society (MKMRS) are holding their annual exhibition on Saturday 14th February 2015. This year, the club has chosen to host the show at Stantonbury Leisure Centre, Milton Keynes, MK14 6BN and doors will open at 10am until 4.30pm.

The new venue offers additional space which means that the show will feature more than 40 layouts and 35 trade stands. With the exhibition growing in popularity in recent years, the extra space available at Stantonbury Leisure Centre will offer greater comfort for visitors at the same price as last year’s show: only £5.00 for adults, £3.00 for children and £10.00 for a family group.

Discounts apply if you travel by rail and show your valid train ticket. Free bus services will operate from Milton Keynes Central and Bletchley rail stations.

MKMRS Exhibition Manager, Terry Silver said:

‘We are delighted that our exhibition has become a major event in the Milton Keynes area. We have been very impressed with the support we have received from everyone at Stantonbury Leisure Centre and look forward to what promises to be an excellent, great value family day out.’

Stantonbury Arts and Leisure Events Administrator, Vera Lowe, said:

‘The Milton Keynes Model Railway Exhibition has grown in popularity and is an ideal event for families, especially at the start of the school half term holiday period. We are delighted to be hosting MKMRS and look forward to welcoming visitors to our venue.’

***TRAVEL UPDATE***

Delighted to say to anyone travelling to our exhibition by train that the Watford engineering blockade has been postponed.

This means through services will be operating from Euston to Milton Keynes Central to connect with the free buses to the exhibition venue.

London Midland and Virgin Trains are currently working on timetables so keep an eye on our website, Twitter and Facebook for updates (or London Midland, Virgin Trains etc. of course!).

Hope to see you there next week.

Ian

MKMRS Secretary

Hello Ian

Can I ask that the 'advance ticket queue' is clearly marked? I have been to some shows where it isn't.

Many thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

No worries there for two reasons:

1) We hope to avoid major queues building up by opening ticket sales from 9.00am so people can grab a coffee/breakfast unril the show opens at 10.00am

2) We have a seperate queue for advanced ticket holders and will direct people to that

All the best

Ian

Just to let you know if you fancy a beer or two...

The exhibition bar will be open at midday serving a range of bottled and draft beers including real ale.

The café will be open from 9.00am to the public for bacon rolls and tea/coffee - so why not avoid the queues and arrive early to buy your ticket from 9.00am and head up to the café for breakfast until the show opens at 10.00?!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Ian

MKMRS Secretary

logo-transparent-200.png

Just to let you know if you fancy a beer or two...The exhibition bar will be open at midday serving a range of bottled and draft beers including real ale.The café will be open from 9.00am to the public for bacon rolls and tea/coffee - so why not avoid the queues and arrive early to buy your ticket from 9.00am and head up to the café for breakfast until the show opens at 10.00?!Looking forward to seeing everyone there!IanMKMRS Secretary logo-transparent-200.png

The beers are on you then Ian ;)

The exhibition bar will be open at midday serving a range of bottled and draft beers including real ale.

Ian

Can you confirm that, please.  I asked the question last week and was told no real ale.

Mike.

(PS.  Marks idea of the first round on you sounds good to me!)

Just a quick update about the exhibition...

We have Bachmann attending the show in the form of Gary Boyd-Hope and Dennis Lovett and they will be bringing with them examples of some of Bachmann's latest products, including the E4 and 64XX which, we understand, have not been on display previously!

As well as model exhibits and traders, we also have representatives from the Marston Vale Communnity Rail Partnership, East West Rail (the consortium behind the rebuilding of the Oxford-Cambridge railway) and Network Rail's community safety team.

Come along and have a chat!

Ian

logo-transparent-200.png

Ian

Can you confirm that, please.  I asked the question last week and was told no real ale.

Mike.

(PS.  Marks idea of the first round on you sounds good to me!)

Just to apologise, but there will not be real ale on draft. However, we will have a range of bottled beer available...

Archived