LCUT creative

LCUT_creative

• RMweb Gold

Although the pictures do not do the windows justice, here is a picture of The Duchess Pub I scratchbuilt which "L Cut Creative" custom made the windows for last year. They have opening apertures which were loose parts just requiring glue to fix them in the correct position. I was very impressed with their customer service, willingness to do something special and quick turn around! They made them from a word doc I sent them with a simple table design showing measurements! Exactly the correct dimensions! Thank you L Cut!

Ian Lancaster

Layout Thread "Jencaster"

post-21193-0-43980300-1448030604_thumb.jpg

Although the pictures do not do the windows justice, here is a picture of The Duchess Pub I scratchbuilt which "L Cut Creative" custom made the windows for last year. They have opening apertures which were loose parts just requiring glue to fix them in the correct position. I was very impressed with their customer service, willingness to do something special and quick turn around! They made them from a word doc I sent them with a simple table design showing measurements! Exactly the correct dimensions! Thank you L Cut!

Ian Lancaster

Layout Thread "Jencaster"

Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for posting this picture! Its lovely to see the windows now installed and painted. It was a pleasure working on them!

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures of a couple of 7mm scale buildings I scratchbuilt recently. The station building canopy uses a bespoke side valence from LCut and the loco shed uses LCut windows for the large side windows.

Alan.

post-9443-0-43683900-1449074930_thumb.jpg

post-9443-0-02940200-1449075060_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Introducing canopy modules

With the aid of 3D printing we have been able to develop canopy modules. Staying true to our philosophy the model is modular and infinitely extendible. The canopy comes in two different modules:

Middle module:

B%2000-28M_forum.jpg

End module:

B%2000-28E_forum.jpg

• Like 4

Introducing canopy modules

With the aid of 3D printing we have been able to develop canopy modules. Staying true to our philosophy the model is modular and infinitely extendible. The canopy comes in two different modules:

Middle module:

End module:

Will you be doing these in 7mm scale? I might have a use for a couple.

Will you be doing these in 7mm scale? I might have a use for a couple.

Do you sell the canopy supports in 4mm as a separate item. I should be rebuilding the canopy for my Padstow station. It may turn out the roof pitch is too great for my purposes.  I have to include a skylight running on one side of the roof as well.

Hello Lcut I wonder if it is possible for you to produce some of your existing 7mm kits/models but in 1/8 or 3/16 or their metric equivalent but out of MDF?

If so what price impact would that have on the overall cost?

I am needing to create a back scene which will need to be handled quite a bit and it concerns me that the card kits might start to de-laminate.

Best

Do you sell the canopy supports in 4mm as a separate item. I should be rebuilding the canopy for my Padstow station. It may turn out the roof pitch is too great for my purposes.  I have to include a skylight running on one side of the roof as well.

All of the parts are available separately. I have forgotten to add the links to the product page but it is now rectified. If you go to the canopy product pages it will list all the parts that are in the kit, just click on the one you are interested and it will take you to that part's page.

For referance:

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-28M&title=B%2000-28M

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-28E&title=B%2000-28E

Edited by LCUT_creative

Hello Lcut I wonder if it is possible for you to produce some of your existing 7mm kits/models but in 1/8 or 3/16 or their metric equivalent but out of MDF?

If so what price impact would that have on the overall cost?

I am needing to create a back scene which will need to be handled quite a bit and it concerns me that the card kits might start to de-laminate.

Best

Unfortunately we are not able to cut MDF that thick on our machines. We have experimented with MDF some time ago and anything above 2mm or 5/64 requires multiple passes to cut through.

All of the parts are available separately. I have forgotten to add the links to the product page but it is now rectified. If you go to the canopy product pages it will list all the parts that are in the kit, just click on the one you are interested and it will take you to that part's page.

For referance:

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-28M&title=B%2000-28M

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-28E&title=B%2000-28E

You did that too late! I had to work out what the parts were the hard way, before placing my order at lunchtime! I've just ordered three kits plus an extra support, to make a big canopy for the front of the Scalescenes Low Relief Factory, that will cover the track as well as the platform. I'm aiming to put the pillars along one side, and support the other side on the wall of the building.

You did that too late! I had to work out what the parts were the hard way, before placing my order at lunchtime! I've just ordered three kits plus an extra support, to make a big canopy for the front of the Scalescenes Low Relief Factory, that will cover the track as well as the platform. I'm aiming to put the pillars along one side, and support the other side on the wall of the building.

Thank you for your order! I do apologise for forgetting to update it, I didn't realise I forgot until you asked about the parts.

• 1 month later...

I ordered the 7mm Small Good Shed kit a short while ago (I am in the United States). It arrived over the weekend and I spent a bit of time "playing" with the various pieces.  This examination showed that my initial hesitation in ordering (the price seemed almost too good to be true) was misguided.  Not only is the design of this particular kit (and the rest of the line) ingenious, but the cutting was, in my opinion, of very high quality, the interlocking corners fit perfectly and the instructions easy to understand.  Wow!  

The only thing that I will need to add is some bracing, but that is only to be expected of any wood kit.

I can't wait to get started on it.  Well, I have to wait at least a little bit as I am currently looking at the various parts available so that I can make this building a bit longer with extended platforms.  I have no doubt this will turn out to be a way fun project and the first of many.

Dave

P.O.  Ooops, forgot to mention that the overseas postage charged was very very reasonable.   :good:

Hi Dave, their kits are very good aren't they.

They do have corner and wall braces available see here [ www.lcut.co.uk/index.php?page=pages/hub&title=LCC ] under Products 0 gauge MISCELLANEOUS but normally if any bracing is required they're in with the kit so you may find that when built it is sturdy enough. 

Happy building.

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 2

Thank you Barnaby! In the case of the small goods shed the floor acts as the structural element. It will ensure the walls all come in at the correct angle and that at the end the main building body will be sturdy and rigid. In the case of other kits such as the single road engine shed you have 2x LCC 70-00 corner support kits and 4x LCC 70-01 wall support kits. Kits with larger roofs are supplied with roof braces, again in the case of the engine shed you receive 2x LCC 74-17.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Any news on the platform canopies in 7mm?

The way my current plan is working out, I will be in need of c3ft of island platform canopy, and these look potentially very interesting.

Width is also a question. I'm going very minimal with my island platform, c100mm.

Kevin

Hello,

Any news on the platform canopies in 7mm?

The way my current plan is working out, I will be in need of c3ft of island platform canopy, and these look potentially very interesting.

Width is also a question. I'm going very minimal with my island platform, c100mm.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, They will be ready in few days. We just need to iron out few last issues and prepare the paperwork for them.

Hello again, and apologies for using the forum for personal order enquiries, but my email has suddenly decided that it won't accept attachments .......

As well as canopies, it looks as if I will need about 10ft-length-worth of blind arches, in 0 scale, for my new small layout project.

Ideally, to get the look I'm after, the balustrades/parapets would have "blind reveal panels" (if that is anything like the right terminology!) in them.

I could cut all these out, bit doing so would be deeply tedious, and I wonder whether it might be possible to programme a variant version of the arches, with this feature. The sketch attached should, hopefully,explain what I mean.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

post-26817-0-31347300-1455876508_thumb.jpg

Hello again, and apologies for using the forum for personal order enquiries, but my email has suddenly decided that it won't accept attachments .......

As well as canopies, it looks as if I will need about 10ft-length-worth of blind arches, in 0 scale, for my new small layout project.

Ideally, to get the look I'm after, the balustrades/parapets would have "blind reveal panels" (if that is anything like the right terminology!) in them.

I could cut all these out, bit doing so would be deeply tedious, and I wonder whether it might be possible to programme a variant version of the arches, with this feature. The sketch attached should, hopefully,explain what I mean.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Hi again Kevin,

Do you mean something along the lines of the parapets on our 4mm retaining wall?

The retaining wall in question: http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-25&title=B%2000-25

Similar, yes, but above the broader span of the 7mm one, I was looking to see two, three or four panels.

I can't find a picture of exactly what I mean, but here is an extremely wide arch, with lots of panels in the parapet:

http://nr.mediastorehouse.com/lbscr-london-bridge-station-enlargement-bridge-over/print/10193858.html

Regards, Kevin

Similar, yes, but above the broader span of the 7mm one, I was looking to see two, three or four panels.

I can't find a picture of exactly what I mean, but here is an extremely wide arch, with lots of panels in the parapet:

http://nr.mediastorehouse.com/lbscr-london-bridge-station-enlargement-bridge-over/print/10193858.html

Regards, Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Something like this? With LCC 70-59 at the back (http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=LCC%2070-59&title=LCC%2070-59)

modifiedArch.png

• Like 1

Introducing canopy modules in O gauge:

In keeping with the commitment to provide same range in both 4mm and 7mm scale we have now introduced the 7mm version of canopies:

Middle module:

B%2070-09M.jpg

End module:

B%2070-09E.jpg