LCUT creative

LCUT_creative

• RMweb Gold

Well done that man, Ian LMS.

That's a fantastic build and finish. 

Any chance you could expand on your finishing methods please.

Great work.

Best

I'm a simple man with simple techniques but will try:

Slaters Plasticard - Grey Plastic Primer (Wilko's), Airbrush Railmatch GWR Light Stone Enamel, coat of Colron spirit based woodstain (Georgian Med Oak), using a brush, lightly apply light brown & dark brown Wilko's pastels (£4 for 12 colours), then using a cotton bud apply small amounts of black pastel dust and or Humbrol Smoke weathering powder.

Roof - light dusting of white and smoke humbrol weathering powder mixed to provide a grey shade (leave white chunks to add light areas)

Pavement - White/Brown humbrol weathering powders mixed and applied with brush, fingers etc

Windows - painted using Pheonix LMS Buildings Cream via airbrush

Doors - painted using Railmatch LMS Crimson Lake via airbrush.

More pics on my layout thread "Jencaster"

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian, I've filed that away in my scenic ref file for later use.  Just need a bottle of your "application skill" and I might be able to make a go of it.

Thanks again.

Thank you - trial and error, with lots and lots of errors!!! I find I over-did the weathering especially on my engine shed. I now go very very lightly and add small amounts at a time until I think it looks right. Applying it in a controlled way produces much better results.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having bought three LCUT kits a while ago I finally started construction yesterday on the small engine shed and I have to say they are wonderful. The only issue I have is one of the end doors is missing so I will fire off an email today.

It is lovely to have kits that have been well thought out and available at what I consider a very good price.

Roy

Having bought three LCUT kits a while ago I finally started construction yesterday on the small engine shed and I have to say they are wonderful. The only issue I have is one of the end doors is missing so I will fire off an email today.

It is lovely to have kits that have been well thought out and available at what I consider a very good price.

Roy

Dear Roy,

I am glad to hear you like the kit! And apologies about the part, I have already replied to your email.

Best regards

Jakub

• RMweb Gold

Dear Roy,

I am glad to hear you like the kit! And apologies about the part, I have already replied to your email.

Best regards

Jakub

Indeed you did Jakub and the replacement door arrived today - top rate service.

Very many thanks,

Roy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have to say that footbridge is simply stunning!  Can't wait to see a GWR or Southern in 7mm!

Thank you! We are working on a GWR version now. It will be based on the Bridgnorth footbridge. After we have that in OO we will start resealing both of them to O gauge.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As an addition to the post about GWR footbridge in OO gauge we developed inserts to increase the span of the footbridge:

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-31E2&title=B%2000-31E2

And

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-31E3&title=B%2000-31E3

Introducing GWR footbridge in OO gauge

We would like to introduce a new addition to the line of footbridges. Work also has started on both the LMS and GWR footbridge in O gauge and they will be available in coming months.

http://www.lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2000-31&title=B%2000-31

forum_B%2000-31.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Introducing LCUT creative building materials

Due to popular demand we are launching a series of building materials made with the same high quality fiberboards we use for our models. Starting with roof tile strips and two flavours of brickwork sheets. Available in OO and O gauge. More building materials to come.

OO Gauge:

BMooGauge.jpg

O Gauge:

BMoGauge.jpg

• Like 1

The builders sheets look very nice and make modifications so much more easy to achieve, an order in next week!

Posters were asking about the glue used, and I have found after several kits the best way for me is to use PVA and superglue, one side of he joint is coated with PVA and the other superglue. they react together and the superglues grabs hard and appears to accelerate the PVA setting as well, The trick come from aeromodellers were strong repair joints are required in a few minutes.

The PVA acts as a filler in effect, and the combination is stronger than each glue on it's own.

Also I find water based paints react with the laser card in fine details like the glazing bars, causing expansion, and distortions, that do clear up as it dries, but to stop it happening at all, I now paint the delicate parts with diluted Rustins Cellulose Lacquer, that makes it impossible for the water based paint to soak in. The surface can still take any type of paint, but not stains. Stains seem to distort the card like water does, but again it dries all right and goes back tight. if stain is used , you can then lacquer it before other painting.

Stephen.

The small engine shed, in general colour washes, not the final detail painting! A very neat kit indeed, fitted to a plasticard base with a section of track inside, boarded over etc. The walls rst on raided edges on the plastic to locate the shed exactly.

I left the windows supported by the rims, setting them back a bit, as it seems you can set them into the cut out flush should you want. The bars did sag on the frames after the green paint was added, but they went back tight on drying out. I am now lacquering them first to proof the laser card.

post-6750-0-25907200-1500493446_thumb.jpg

Stephen

The builders sheets look very nice and make modifications so much more easy to achieve, an order in next week!

Posters were asking about the glue used, and I have found after several kits the best way for me is to use PVA and superglue, one side of he joint is coated with PVA and the other superglue. they react together and the superglues grabs hard and appears to accelerate the PVA setting as well, The trick come from aeromodellers were strong repair joints are required in a few minutes.

The PVA acts as a filler in effect, and the combination is stronger than each glue on it's own.

Also I find water based paints react with the laser card in fine details like the glazing bars, causing expansion, and distortions, that do clear up as it dries, but to stop it happening at all, I now paint the delicate parts with diluted Rustins Cellulose Lacquer, that makes it impossible for the water based paint to soak in. The surface can still take any type of paint, but not stains. Stains seem to distort the card like water does, but again it dries all right and goes back tight. if stain is used , you can then lacquer it before other painting.

Stephen.

Thank you very much for the tips! I am now starting to include more general information in the manual on what types of glue and paints to use with our product. Thank you for the tip with superglue. I will test it out myself at some point!

Looking forward to the arrival of the roof tiling strips (ordered this afternoon) and some other bits various for a small project I am fiddling about with.  I am also loving the LSWR/SR platform mounted signal box kit: what a fantastic little model...

post-10582-0-62101500-1500650465_thumb.jpg

Beautifully thought out and a real pleasure to build.  Even the bits I thought might prove tricky have been entirely painless; I just don't build very quickly, though I get there in the end.  I have also been amazed at just how sturdy the structure, even in this partially completed state, is. I'm a bit torn now: cream and green (which is what it was purchased to be) or white with black trim and rather dirtier...hmmm.....

A real winner: more quirky Southern Region stuff, ,please.

Best wishes,

Paul

Edited by Grampus

Introducing GWR footbridge in O gauge

The GWR footbridge is now available in 7mm scale. Thanks to the feedback and ideas we have had from the GCR model event we would also like to announce that we will be working on an Eastern LNER style footbridge soon.

forum_B%2070-22.jpg

http://lcut.co.uk/index.php?product=B%2070-22&title=B%2070-22

Hi,

The footbridge looks great, is it actually based on a real one ?

All the best,

Martyn.

Looking forward to the arrival of the roof tiling strips (ordered this afternoon) and some other bits various for a small project I am fiddling about with.  I am also loving the LSWR/SR platform mounted signal box kit: what a fantastic little model...

attachicon.gif20170628_215846.jpg

Beautifully thought out and a real pleasure to build.  Even the bits I thought might prove tricky have been entirely painless; I just don't build very quickly, though I get there in the end.  I have also been amazed at just how sturdy the structure, even in this partially completed state, is. I'm a bit torn now: cream and green (which is what it was purchased to be) or white with black trim and rather dirtier...hmmm.....

A real winner: more quirky Southern Region stuff, ,please.

Best wishes,

Paul

Morning all,

My  - beautifully packaged - parcel of bits arrived this morning safely, with everything in tact.  The roofing slates are seriously impressive: they will save a lot of pain with paper and scissors.

Fabulous service - thanks very much indeed!

Onwards and upwards,

Paul

The weighbridge hut being convert to a Crab, Fresh Fish and smoked Fish sales hut, so a lot to add to the front window for a fish display on marble slabs. added to a wood and plastic base unit.

post-6750-0-59676500-1500753238_thumb.jpg

Stephen