The missing Link or Just Mucking About

Mike

Today as promised by the supplier my  2mm Lite Ply arrived, so in my usual way I started drawing the Earl of Dudleys Muck works straight onto the wood. So far I have cut out both ends and the front wall, I'll post photos giving a blow by blow account of the build just to give you all a bit of amusement. :scratchhead:

A bit more work on the main carcass, the blank section to the left of the loading doorway will have ventilation slats. OK, I know I've left the clamps on, just until the glue dries. :jester: and no it's not a goods shed, all will be revealed as the project continues. ;)

post-185-0-88785100-1411730949.jpg

post-185-0-54140700-1411730963.jpg

post-185-0-35785800-1411730976.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Looking really good. I particularly like the holes in the corrugated sheeting. Planning ahead for little details like that is definitely a gift! I'm looking forward to following this one right through. Do you have a plan of the whole lot (Reely Grate, Primrose Hill and the link) together, as I'm trying to picture how it all pans out?

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike. I really like that. I know you said earlier that Primrose Hill would be a mirror image, but I didn't really get it straight in my head how it would work. I'm now really looking forward to seeing it all at Warley 2015, and we've not even got to Warley 2014 yet!

I will continue to eagerly watch as things progress!

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow, for me it took 4 dressing changes before they left it uncovered and that was with butterfly dissolving strips fitted, in fact they added more on the 2nd visit..

By coincidence I've been sorting through my plastic "U" + "H" looking for suitable lintel sizes and some to make an overhead crane gantry from. 

Got some but I'll probably have to make a visit to my local shop to collect some more.

Fingers crossed. :scared:   :nono:  :jester:

Regards

Well with a little bit of care, modelling is about to start again. Sylmasta have come up trumps with my order for plastic profiles, order placed pm on the 6th received am on the 7th,  fantastic service. ;)

OK. First day back at the bench, well a couple of hours really. Have added the canopy a section of guttering and made the louvered section to the left of the front doorway. The roof is not fixed in place as the interior needs modelling.;)

post-185-0-40976100-1412695851.jpg

post-185-0-61565900-1412695870.jpg

Realy sharp looking corugated sheet there Mike. Who's is it as it looks like it has the fixing bolts moulded in like Wills sheet does but they look bigger/0 gauge size? ☺

regards

Sorry to say, but they are Wills Asbestos Sheets. Always think they are too big for 00 so about right for 0(at least that's my excuse). The vents are some triangular strip fitted to a peice of 10thou black  plasticard. Door planking is scribed using a scrawker, stone work is again Wills and the brickwork Slaters all assembled on to 2mm lite-ply. Just trawling the web to check out rotary slag processors so I can build the interior. ;)

Today has been about building my interpretation of the slag convertor, using in Blue Peter fashion Sticky black Plastic and Toilet Roll tube. Now in primer, will post pics once it's painted, : :jester:

Archived