The missing Link or Just Mucking About

Mike

Abso-bloomin-lutely  chuffed. Chris Nevard has completed the photos of Reely Grate and Primrose Hill. I think they're stunning, well I would wouldn't I? So now it's wait and see time as to when the article will appear in Model Trains. :imsohappy:

Model Trains, or Model Rail..?? :scratchhead: ;)

Hi Jordan, Model Rail. Here's a couple of shots from the 65 I have from the shoot which I've resized for the forum. (Copy right Chris Nevard). The only bit of photo-shopping is the added smoke although I have both with or without versions. ;)

post-185-0-85695400-1414845478.jpg

post-185-0-77553100-1414845493.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well I thought it about time to breath a little life into this thread as I have been posting bits in my other threads. As you may have read in Primrose Hill the baseboard and track work for the Earls Muck Works are well on the way. The linking board has set the title for what will be the Saltwells Branch, the bit between Reely Grate and Primrose Hill. Now as you might have already guessed I am bending history and locations to give an essence of the line not a slavish copy. Yes the Muck Works are there as well as the Black Brook but, in order to provide a little more interest I am adding a platform like the one used at the Wallows for the Himley Fete service. I'm also adding a group of buildings that stood at the top of the Tipsyford Bank and the water tank that was near Stallings Lane, so you will no doubt think "no change there then". I'll post some photos a.s.a.p.;)

Work is now underway on the group of buildings that were at the top of Tipsyford bank. More Lite-Ply on order and I will need to purchase some strip wood and white glue on Sunday. I have also just run out of embossed plasticard so it's another on-line order. Oh the joys of modelling muddling. :no:

Nooooope no idea Mike but I do like the way you plant many of your buildings at an angle.  It gives them a little bit more character plus the various details on the walls etc like pipes, vents, trunking, framing & signage they all add to the model reality.

Nooooope no idea Mike but I do like the way you plant many of your buildings at an angle.  It gives them a little bit more character plus the various details on the walls etc like pipes, vents, trunking, framing & signage they all add to the model reality.

Thanks, the complete build will be a group of 3/4 buildings forming a rundown Victorian factory, the type that just grew up around a single structure by adding bits here an there. I was once  works manager of such a site producing electo-chemicals were the main structure had been a house. I have been advised that my ply etc has been dispatched so I'll be able to crack on over the next few days although I will have Primrose Hill at the Hardwicke show on Sunday 29th. :)

Nothing to do with railways or modelling them, but here's some pencil sketches my wife has done, namely Poldark and for any Chelsea fans The Special One. ;)

post-185-0-13134000-1427216899_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-82277800-1427216907_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-99522300-1427216918_thumb.jpg

Perhaps I should get her to do my model making.

I've just spent 20 unproductive minutes scrabbling round on my knees looking for 2 parts that I thought I had dropped on the floor, only to find when I looked at my drawing those parts didn't exist in the first place. I am making a wooden platform and had drawn 4 beams, however, I decided that it would be to wide and only needed 3, so having assembled 3 I was looking for the not required N0.4 Now that really is a very senior moment,  it must be wine O'clock. :fool:

Ummm, hang on.... :scratchhead:

You drew 4 beams.... decided you only needed 3, so built 3.... & then were looking for 2 more on the floor...??!!?? :O

There's your Senior Moment, Sir..... ;)

Obviously it's not called the Senior Scale for nothing.... :D

Lots to do but just to give you an idea of whats going on.The tape was only to hold the roof while the glue dried ( honest Guv). The wooden platform will when finished be the passenger platform which was originally used for the Himley Fete trains.

post-185-0-84059900-1427884354.jpg

post-185-0-98880300-1427884371.jpg

Archived