Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

just a side note, dont post your email into threads only PM, spammers could find and use it

Noted but not my E mail this is Fred Phipps who is a trader and is readily available on the internet not sure if that makes any difference but will PM any E mail addresses in future .

Cheers

Hi Phil

I attach some photos of my build which I really need to finish .I obtained some parts from JLTRT when they strted to produce their model .Notably new buffers ,fuel tank and bogie side frames and pipe work .

attachicon.gifDSC_0001.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0002.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0003.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0004.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0005.JPG

In addition I had some new indicator panels etched which I had to do quite a bit of fettling as there was a mix up with the size .

attachicon.gifDSC_0007.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0006.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0009.JPG

Regards

Andrew

Very promising build Andrew, would be a great shame not finish it  ;)

I have re-sited the grills as you have & intend to add hinges etc as you also have :)  Those brass headcode panels look the business too!  do you have any spares to sell ?........the castings in that area are cr@p on mine & it would be a good solution :)

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)

I have the books from the 22 project society, great books with plenty of pics & information on withdrawals etc

Best regards

Craig

I saw Project 22 at the GWR Diesel Gala & I am now the proud owner of both books & have my membership form too  :)

• Like 1

Hi Phil

I have sent a  PM  re the head code boxes . I intend to model 6354 Blue , yellow ends as there are some good photos . Re the valances having read  the article in Traction  by Richard Dockerill (incidental 6343) I just couldn't shape and solder the brass panels that came with the kit so opted for evergreen strips paired down with a brass former. I have modelled some as slightly open but none missing . I had intend to buy a JLTRT class 22 but missed the boat . I will more than likely purchase the LLC one once funds are available.

I do have a whitemetal and resin one by Mendip Models ? based on El Crappo kits that proved to much of  a challenge and remains in the box . A bit crude now by todays standards but can be made into reasonable rep with some time and effort as demonstrated by Mr Daniels on his photo site .

Cheers.

Hi Phil

I have sent a  PM  re the head code boxes . I intend to model 6354 Blue , yellow ends as there are some good photos . Re the valances having read  the article in Traction  by Richard Dockerill (incidental 6343) I just couldn't shape and solder the brass panels that came with the kit so opted for evergreen strips paired down with a brass former. I have modelled some as slightly open but none missing . I had intend to buy a JLTRT class 22 but missed the boat . I will more than likely purchase the LLC one once funds are available.

I do have a whitemetal and resin one by Mendip Models ? based on El Crappo kits that proved to much of  a challenge and remains in the box . A bit crude now by todays standards but can be made into reasonable rep with some time and effort as demonstrated by Mr Daniels on his photo site .

Cheers.

Thanks Andrew, I have replied to your PM. I have Richards Traction article too, but I don't think mine will be up to that standard  :scratchhead: ......but I will do my best :)

The LLC 22 is tempting, I did inquire on their FB page for under Valance info, but no reply yet  :scratchhead: I'm also tempted by the Heljan Hoover though now that LLC have gone back on the Crowdfunded 50 offer (I was a crowdfunder)  :(

• 3 months later...

What started life as a very nice much modified Heljan body shell by Shaun Davidson using JLTRT & Steve Beattie parts is now developing into a rather nice class 25/1. Having spent the last couple of months scratch building a chassis & bogies out of aluminium & brass, I have also added Heljan spares for the outer bogie frames & fuel tanks etc. Next job once I'm completely happy with the cosmetic appearance of the loco will be to add radio control gear & possibly a DCC soundchip ..........

post-6992-0-69465800-1543439633_thumb.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

What started life as a very nice much modified Heljan body shell by Shaun Davidson using JLTRT & Steve Beattie parts is now developing into a rather nice class 25/1. Having spent the last couple of months scratch building a chassis & bogies out of aluminium & brass, I have also added Heljan spares for the outer bogie frames & fuel tanks etc. Next job once I'm completely happy with the cosmetic appearance of the loco will be to add radio control gear & possibly a DCC soundchip ..........

attachicon.gif20181128_192731.jpg

Looks cracking Phill, nice to see you on here...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/06/2019 at 11:57, HealeyMills said:

Hi Phil,

Nice to finally meet you at the weekend for a few trips along with 832.

I shall make a point of looking in here to see how your progress goes with the 25/1.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

It was great to see you too, I'm afraid I have only just seen your post as I stopped posting my progress on RMWEb as I got the impression I was pretty much I was talking to myself more or less ;);)

Cheers Phill :)

• Friendly/supportive 6

Hi Phil, I am not on here as much these days. but good to see you are still doing a bit. Feel free to post up any garden railway shots it's always nice to see a few pics of your railway.

Cheers Peter.

• Agree 1

On 07/07/2019 at 21:24, Phill Dyson (onslaught832) said:

I got the impression I was pretty much I was talking to myself more or less ;);)

Cheers Phill :)

I get that same feeling, but then I don't post much myself elsewhere. We've just had our layout thread moved into the 7mm section partially in the hope it might get a little more attention rather than getting lost in the 'Layouts' section.

I'm planning on getting out in the garden so will have to read back through this thread when I get chance.

Al.

I used to post quite a lot of responses, but was the recipient of a vitriolic attack that branded my posts as useless and me as trying to use RMWeb as free magazine...so I post very little now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Phil, I remember you stating on your original thread in the old RMweb site that you preferred a certain brand of wagon wheel for outdoors as it had a deeper flange than most finescale wheels. Can you remind me which type that is please .

cheers

Bob

On 11/07/2019 at 10:08, CME and Bottlewasher said:

I'm struggling with the new format and posting photos. Plus truth and facts don't seem to have a place in modern Britain.

It does take a bit of getting used to. Any updated photos of that Class 22

Paul R

• Like 1