Any Off-the-shelf DCC Sound Available for London Underground Stock?

BR(S)

• RMweb Gold

No real info, but I think when the Met Growler model was announced, someone asked a comparable question. I'm sure there was a response about an LU Society having sound files. 59/62 stock ran into the late '90s, so there must be a good chance they'd have sounds for that, too. I regret I don't know the actual society in question.

All the Decoders that I have ever come across have been pre-loaded with sounds by the suppliers - However, the decoders in our industrial locos on RHYDWYN FAWR STEEL were specially programmed by Howes of Oxford to sound like a high-revving industrial loco, by using a Class 153 DMU as the engine noise with industrial warning horns etc.

There are currently no underground sounds available as far as I know, but one avenue you could go down (as we have done on the above layout) is to use a 'Dreamplayer' unit as available from DCC supplies - Although not mounted in the loco, you can use your own sounds in this unit by saving them to a camera flashcard - We have two of them for the sound effects that are heard in our steel mill!

:-)

I know that some people have done custom sounds for underground stock as this video shows.

I take no credit for the video though so you may be worth trying to find out more from the recorder of the video.

OliverSR

I listened, and it didn't sound at all like any of my many 60's experiences.

I know that some people have done custom sounds for underground stock as this video shows.

I take no credit for the video though so you may be worth trying to find out more from the recorder of the video.

OliverSR

That sounds like the 'Amersham' A stock as used on the Met

:-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived