Oldbury Sidings 00 Elink Powered Shunting Puzzle.

RailwayLacky

Hi all, I am relatively new to Railway Modelling with only one other roundy roundy N Gauge layout behind me, which due to my dodgy eyesight and trembly hands was sold on to fund this small 4ft by 1.5ft shunting layout, using the offcuts from the N layout.

I am at the point where i have just layed the ballast and the layout is now out in the fresh air to aid with drying.

The Layout will be Hornby Elink and Railmaster powered following the purchase of the Hornby Western Master train set and will use Kadee coupling. the Kadee magnet for the inglenook section of the layout is marked in red.

All track and points are Peco code 100 and the points are powered by a Tawcrafts 4 point dcc decoder and Seep motors, The extra siding coming off from the inglenook headshunt is for loco selection so i can switch locos for shunting duties without too much effort.

a completely fictitious location with perhaps a nod to 1970's GWR due to the current stock that i own, but most of all the aim is to just to have fun modelling, shunting and playing loco's :)

gallery_24060_3413_305483.jpg

Kadee under track magnet indicated by the red marker

gallery_24060_3413_44137.jpg
Retaining wall is the Ratio 239 kit x2 with a Hornby R8611 wall end as a bridge support, painted and weathered so they match.

gallery_24060_3413_313644.jpg
overall shot of the layout
Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 5

thanks Class66! :mail:

not much to show today but an update is an update :) , rails have been painted tonight to dull down the new rails and I offered up the other Hornby R8611 wall end and a cut down Peco girder side.

stuck my favorite little Hornby Class 06 in for good measure, I paid £7 for that loco and was the 1st one I weathered and converted to DCC  :senile:

gallery_24060_3413_40272.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 4

Hello, welcome to the forum, nice little project you have going on there, I am liking the paintwork and colouring you have got on the Ratio retaining walls very very effective indeed, I will be following this with interest.

Happy modelling

Craig.

Also watching this with interest. Problem with e-link at the moment. I had a system crash after I first installed and I'm waiting for Hornby to send a new code or what ever I need to re-activate the system. I've hard wired both my loco's, a Hornby L&Y Pug and a Sentinel. Haven't figured out yet how to change the CV address as both loco's are on No3 by default. Press on though. I've got some Dingham couplings to make and fit,so that will keep me amused for a while.

thanks all :) ...Catweasel, yes the Elink! can be a bit troublesome but I think I have it sussed now, changing CV's is pretty easy once you know how, I guess Hornby didn't design Railmaster around a system crash then? I know you have to deactivate before moving PC's but a system crash would prevent deactivation so they should be offering a solution or have a system in place for such an issue? as I can see it happening more than once.

Just awaiting a kit from an online store to build then more pictures! :danced:

• Like 1

Evening all!

I have just finished my Ancorton Models Yard office, what a funky little kit! enjoyed building it! this is down the other end of the layout where the goods warehouse will be, this is the entrance to the rear of the warehouse yard area.

I scratch built the additional brick walls from Wills red brick sheeting, think it turned out ok, also some cobbled sheets were added to the floor in that area. Just mocked up at the moment to see it in place..

more soon!

gallery_24060_3413_520086.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 2

The other thing about e-link is the lack of symbols for layout design. No slips being the main one. Spoke to some guys at Gaydon and they had the same problem. Had the same work round as they did but it does look strange. All because Hornby only do toy train stuff. 

Small update! playing around with some scenics then got side tracked by an extremely bright and toy looking Hornby Bagnall shunter in the corner of my eye, that needed to be covered in diesel, grime and muck, it was asking for it!!

so...

gallery_24060_3413_317943.jpg

also, without lots of modification i cant really add Kadee's to it? solution was too buy a shunters truck and have a Kadee on the end of that :)

gallery_24060_3413_532708.jpg

just need to paint in the lights, paint the wipers and put the glass back in, and a few rust spots here and there. I already converted it to DCC and is a great little runner :)

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 6

For someone who's relatively new to railway modelling you're certainly doing a top job so far. Your weathering really looks good too.

Any chance of a full on picture of your 06. The end certainly looks superb would be nice to see the rest of it.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Marcus.

Edited by Marcus 37

Hi all, thanks for the interest! not much as happened at Oldbury sidings apart from more static grass experimenting, some slight scenic work (ran out of foliage!) and the mock placement of 2 x Bachmann structures (and a lot of playing loco's and testing the Kadee couplers).

the Warehouse loading canopy will have a wooden loading stage built for it and the factory warehouse needs raising up to level, it just so happens Marcus the 06  is in these pics,   :good:

along with the  Bagnall Shunter which i think needs painting black inside as it seems to "glow" a bit when the light is on it  :)

gallery_24060_3413_271029.jpg

gallery_24060_3413_125881.jpg

gallery_24060_3413_99603.jpg

gallery_24060_3413_38234.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky