DCC - Software controlled Signals used for model trains - what is your view/experience

Hi all

I use Railmaster from Hornby and control all my locos and points with this , it suits my needs as a model railway person the only thing that I am changing is my signals I am using train-tech signal kits which are not compatible with the Hornby accessory decoder module due to them been positive common and the train-tech signal are neg common so after talking with David from train-tech at warley he gave me a very good deal on their SC1 module which was a absolute doddle to install and such a small footprint under the baseboard. So Soon all my signals apart from 1 will be train-tech as i think they look very close to the real thing. and I can get some money back by selling my Hornby r8247's on ebay. So I feel a winner all round.

regards

mcrook62

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mcrook62

The SC1 is a really good decoder ;o)  I have it on my CR Signals 3 aspect with feather and shunt/sidings signals. It is a very flexible decoder

The rest of my signals are Train-Tech ones but with built in decoder, they are really easy to install and set up.

The only problem with Train-Tech signals is that they stop at 4 Aspect and do not include feathers.  Hence the reason I purchased  CR Signals ones with feathers. CR Signals signals are better quality, no plastic but are a little more expensive overall.

I find feather signals very good and look great but, Hornby RailMaster software does not support them yet. 

PJ

Hi mcrook62

The SC1 is a really good decoder ;o)  I have it on my CR Signals 3 aspect with feather and shunt/sidings signals. It is a very flexible decoder

The rest of my signals are Train-Tech ones but with built in decoder, they are really easy to install and set up.

The only problem with Train-Tech signals is that they stop at 4 Aspect and do not include feathers.  Hence the reason I purchased  CR Signals ones with feathers. CR Signals signals are better quality, no plastic but are a little more expensive overall.

I find feather signals very good and look great but, Hornby RailMaster software does not support them yet. 

PJ

Hi Model Trains

Thank you for your post , Hornby railmaster with the pro pack and latest version 1.58 supports 4 aspect with feathers now

I have a traintronic 4 aspect with rh feather and that is shown on my layout diagram on railmaster with feather.

Regards

mcrook62

Hi Model Trains

Thank you for your post , Hornby railmaster with the pro pack and latest version 1.58 supports 4 aspect with feathers now

I have a traintronic 4 aspect with rh feather and that is shown on my layout diagram on railmaster with feather.

Regards

mcrook62

Hi 

Have you got the Train-Tronics 4 Aspect signals with feathers installed and working in RailMaster?

I have CR Signals 3 Aspect signals with feathers, to the SC1 decoder. The three aspect are not working correctly yet, the feather is working but with a 2 aspect with feather icon in RailMaster next to a 3 aspect signal.

PJ

Archived