Class 20 Re-Blow

StaffsOatcake

I have a Bachmann Class 20 that is equipped with sound, which is awful to say the least. I'm aware that they can be re-blown by various companies, but which companies do other modellers recommend??

At present I only have small layout (12ftx2ft,but hoping it will grow) and want to my 20 to sound like I remember them rather than a thrashing a moped at 150mph

I have a Bachmann Class 20 that is equipped with sound, which is awful to say the least. I'm aware that they can be re-blown by various companies, but which companies do other modellers recommend??

At present I only have small layout (12ftx2ft,but hoping it will grow) and want to my 20 to sound like I remember them rather than a thrashing a moped at 150mph

There's only one answer to this, Howes class 20 - Actually sounds like a 20. Its the best on the market.

Ok, me too, all my engines have now been re-blown with Howes, in fact I have a Bachmann 25 decoder there at the moment waiting for a re-blow....oooh errr misses!

Jim

I had mine done by Howes, with a twin engine start. Added a second speaker in a second class 20 stripped of its motor and semi-permanently coupled to the first.

This is what i am thinking about doing. How have you connected them? electrically I mean - not physically.

cheers

john

This is what i am thinking about doing. How have you connected them? electrically I mean - not physically.

cheers

john

I drilled a hole in each nose end (one conveniently through the headcode disc recess) and threaded a two-pin mini connector through (from DCC Supplies). I have used Kaydee couplings at the nose ends to close couple them and make it easy to separate them if necessary. Ideally, I would have preferred to run the wires and connectors below the buffer beams but that would have meant a lot more hacking. In practice, the wires between the locomotives are not too obtrusive at all. Have a look at my video of the pair in the thread for sound videos and see what you think - http://www.rmweb.co....c-sound-videos/ post #6.? 

Archived