Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Class 20 Re-Blow

StaffsOatcake

I have a Bachmann Class 20 that is equipped with sound, which is awful to say the least. I'm aware that they can be re-blown by various companies, but which companies do other modellers recommend??

At present I only have small layout (12ftx2ft,but hoping it will grow) and want to my 20 to sound like I remember them rather than a thrashing a moped at 150mph

I have a Bachmann Class 20 that is equipped with sound, which is awful to say the least. I'm aware that they can be re-blown by various companies, but which companies do other modellers recommend??

At present I only have small layout (12ftx2ft,but hoping it will grow) and want to my 20 to sound like I remember them rather than a thrashing a moped at 150mph

There's only one answer to this, Howes class 20 - Actually sounds like a 20. Its the best on the market.

Ok, me too, all my engines have now been re-blown with Howes, in fact I have a Bachmann 25 decoder there at the moment waiting for a re-blow....oooh errr misses!

Jim

I had mine done by Howes, with a twin engine start. Added a second speaker in a second class 20 stripped of its motor and semi-permanently coupled to the first.

This is what i am thinking about doing. How have you connected them? electrically I mean - not physically.

cheers

john

This is what i am thinking about doing. How have you connected them? electrically I mean - not physically.

cheers

john

I drilled a hole in each nose end (one conveniently through the headcode disc recess) and threaded a two-pin mini connector through (from DCC Supplies). I have used Kaydee couplings at the nose ends to close couple them and make it easy to separate them if necessary. Ideally, I would have preferred to run the wires and connectors below the buffer beams but that would have meant a lot more hacking. In practice, the wires between the locomotives are not too obtrusive at all. Have a look at my video of the pair in the thread for sound videos and see what you think - http://www.rmweb.co....c-sound-videos/ post #6.? 

Archived