RMweb

Hermes and similar 'cheaper' parcel services.

Re6/6

So HTF is the recipient supposed to arrange redelivery? Have you not heard of turning the 'phone off?

How can arrangements be forthcoming if you refuse to leave contact details?

It's clearly you who is having a laugh, at the recipients expense.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Perfectly put and so very right.

Regards

Quite there are always alternatives to Hermes !! I drive trains, I help the missus delivr parcels, maybe my way doesn't please 100% of the population. To be fair I do the best job I can with what I have.

If people help me (give me a clue/alternatives) i will do my very best to accomodate.

Unfortunately not everybody does.

The weathering man specifically for you. have you any railway industry background ?? I would be majorly surprised if the answer is yes

As for helping the missus and regards Hermes employment policy, Do you feel I should not help her ??

Quite there are always alternatives to Hermes !! I drive trains, I help the missus delivr parcels, maybe my way doesn't please 100% of the population. To be fair I do the best job I can with what I have.

If people help me (give me a clue/alternatives) i will do my very best to accomodate.

Unfortunately not everybody does.

The weathering man specifically for you. have you any railway industry background ?? I would be majorly surprised if the answer is yes

As for helping the missus and regards Hermes employment policy, Do you feel I should not help her ??

Well you clearly have never read some of my posts.

I am a fifth generation railwayman and I have a son working for GBRf as the family's sixth generation

I commenced my BR service in 1968 and took early retirement several years ago as a senior manager for one of the current TOC's.

I've worked in Traffic, Loco and Commercial and for several years prior to the privatisation disaster was seconded to the Technical side concerned with liveries.

Will that do for you.

As you will now hopefully realise I have a great many contacts in the industry.

All I can say is I hope you take greater care in your full time job than you seem to do when delivering parcels.

You are more than welcome to now be surprised - but quite why I don't know.

And the reason for all the nastiness and agression in this thread lately is...?

As has been pointed out so many times, Hermes has a market share whether anyone likes it or not, and you either use them or you don't...

Some of the content over the last few pages of this thread resembles some kind of p*ssing contest and it's all become rather pathetic imho.

Edit: I shalll now report my own post in the vain hope that this sorry thread gets locked as it would appear to be well and truly exhausted...

Archived