Help needed accessing RMweb on my PC

• RMweb Premium

I was quite happily perusing RMWEB topics when I got the error message below. I have rebooted the computer and also tried a system restore and the message still persists.  I am using Win 7  PRO

post-9897-0-75304800-1417269721_thumb.jpg

Any help to restore normal service would be much appreciated. From me laptop.

It certainly shouldn't happen that frequently Janner and I'll investigate further. It's due to the way ad-serving software is handling the cookies so if you're significantly affected like that I'd suggested using a reputable ad-blocker for your browser and see if that helps until I properly resolve it.

• RMweb Premium

It certainly shouldn't happen that frequently Janner and I'll investigate further. It's due to the way ad-serving software is handling the cookies so if you're significantly affected like that I'd suggested using a reputable ad-blocker for your browser and see if that helps until I properly resolve it.

Any recomendations for an ad-blocker, not come across them before. I should mention that I am using Firefox for my browser.

Thanks.

SS

• RMweb Gold

I've started seeing this regularly in the last few weeks with Chrome, although I'd never had it prior to that.

Just had another instance of it, it seems to be every two or three days or more frequently.

It's clearly getting serious as I'm considering turning on the Antex and finishing off the two etched kit's on the workbench, I don't normally get distracted by modelling when there are unread threads...

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Since the recent update of Firefox, I have received the same problem. I tried Internet Explorer (IE) to see if it had the same problem, and it doesn't, however I do not like browsing with IE (I don't trust it for security reasons).

Suggesting that we delete our cookies is not a very good solution, yes it may make accessing RMWEB work, but it means making all the other websites that we have stored information for a pain.

I am really not impressed with the update for Firefox, it seems to be making accessing lots of things difficult, so the problem is not purely RMWEB, but this is the only site that simply does not work with the new Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Suggesting that we delete our cookies is not a very good solution, yes it may make accessing RMWEB work, but it means making all the other websites that we have stored information for a pain.

I understand that and sympathise; it was a basic instruction hopefully to help those not too familiar with their browsers. It's worth reading up how, for your browser, how you can delete cookies which apply to just that site.

Thanks Andy

I will do some research and post the results in case other Firefox users have a similar problem. The new update does tend to mother you about everything you access.

EDIT. Following this link helped solve the problem. Before deleting your RMWEB cookie, it is worth logging in with another browser, so that you can access 'Content You Follow' and then go to those pages and add them back after deleting you RMWEB cookie, just in case it is lost for Firefox. It might not be, but better safe than sorry.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored

Thanks again Andy, and hope this is helpful.

Jamie

Archived